Get an Oklahoma County Divorce Hassle-Free
Getting divorced is one of the situations where you need to arm yourself with patience, information, and the appropriate paperwork. Every state has different requirements, and even counties can have a few additional ones.
If you’d like to find out how to file for divorce, you’re in the right place. DoNotPay offers information about the process and assistance with your divorce settlement agreement. With our help, you’ll get your Oklahoma County divorce in no time.
To get an Oklahoma County divorce, you’ll need to fulfill the requirements presented in the following table:
||To get a divorce, you must state grounds for divorce, such as:
- Divorce Decree
- Entry of Appearance and Waiver
Make sure you prepare three copies of all forms before you file them, and also keep in mind that waivers must be:
- Filed at least one day after filing the petition
Once you’ve filed the papers with the court, you need to have them served to your spouse.
For an uncontested divorce, you can get a final dissolution approved in ten days after filing the required paperwork with the county court.
If you and your spouse have minor children, the state of Oklahoma mandates the 90-day waiting period to let spouses:
- Try to resolve their differences
- Attend family and marriage counseling
The judge can waive this obligatory waiting period if neither spouse objects and the court believes it’s unlikely the spouses will resolve their differences in counseling.
Aside from this, the waiting period can be waived if there are cases of:
- Extreme cruelty
- Abandonment for over a year
- Felony charges or child abuse conviction
Divorce can be a costly procedure. Here’s a list of fees you can expect to pay:
|Divorce with or without minor children||$252.14|
|Sheriff service of process||$50|
|Certified mail service of process||$10|
You can file a pauper's affidavit if you cannot afford court costs. This form summarizing your financial circumstances will let the judge decide whether you can file your case free of charge.
Besides the required fees, you will have to pay for additional services you opt for, such as hiring a:
- Lawyer—The total cost depends on whether you hire one for the whole process and preparation of all documents. You might consult an attorney on certain matters to reduce your expenses
- Mediator—If you and your spouse need assistance with some issues, you can try mediation
If you’d like to minimize the costs, length, and complexity of the process, you should opt for a friendly divorce. This way, you’ll negotiate with your spouse and reach an out-of-court agreement on all divorce matters, including:
Once you’ve agreed on all aspects, you need to list them in a divorce settlement agreement. This document should state the terms and conditions of all significant matters.
As you need to file it with the court for review and approval, you should create the agreement carefully. Sign up for DoNotPay to prepare a rock-solid divorce settlement agreement!
Getting an uncontested divorce swiftly is possible if you steer clear of any potential bumps on the road by preparing a good divorce settlement agreement.
Our app takes state laws and your specific situation into account when generating a divorce settlement agreement. Register for DoNotPay and take these steps to receive the document tailored to your needs:
- Enter Divorce Settlement Agreement in the search box
- Answer the questions our chatbot asks
- Provide information about your income, debts, and property
You’ll receive a document we can even help you get notarized any time of the day or night as the remote online notaries we cooperate with work 24/7!
Check out our learning center if you have any more questions regarding the divorce process—our insightful guides will help you understand:
- Reasons to file for divorce
- How debt is divided in a divorce
- How to get a shared parenting agreement
- Whether child support is mandatory in divorce
We are dedicated to providing solutions to difficult and time-consuming tasks you may have on your to-do list. If you are struggling to reduce your monthly bills, contest parking tickets, or set DMV appointments, DoNotPay will help you do it in no time!
We have also created numerous easy-to-use features that can make the following procedures run smoothly:
- Getting rid of email and text spam
- Skipping phone queues when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Entering any sweepstake
- Filing FOIA requests
- Composing legal documents, such as powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
- Taking and editing your passport photos
Do you feel like you have been played by a company? Instead of wasting your time writing requests, demand a chargeback or refund or claim a warranty via DoNotPay! If the company doesn’t seem too cooperative and keeps refusing to return your money, our app can assist you in suing it in small claims court.