How to Get Your Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate Copy Easily
Accessing a copy of your could be essential for getting many important things done. Without it, you may not be able to apply for a joint banking account, change your name to your spouse, file for taxes, or share health benefits. Unfortunately, records like these aren't always easy to obtain. The instructions for requesting these documents can be confusing and the requirements for proof of identity could be too challenging to meet. Using DoNotPay will simplify this process. As the world's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay is built to solve problems like this one. With DoNotPay, you can submit your records request in mere minutes. You can even use the DoNotPay Notary product to have a copy of your marriage certificate notarized.
What's the Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
A marriage license is a document that couples are required to obtain from the county clerk before they are officially married. Without this document, marriage isn't considered legally binding or valid. Marriage licenses are signed during or after wedding ceremonies. They are then returned to the county by an officiant so that a marriage certificate can be issued. This certificate proves that a couple is legally wed.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate in Okaloosa County?
Unlike birth certificates, marriage records are considered public records in the state of Florida. This means that anyone can request a copy of a marriage certificate if they have the correct details concerning the individuals listed on this document. Best of all, it's possible to request marriage certificates that are decades or even centuries old. Marriages before June 6, 1927, are available through the clerk of the circuit court in which the marriage was officiated. Records for marriages that occurred after this date are available through the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate in Okaloosa County, Florida?
In Okaloosa, Florida, you can request a copy of a marriage certificate in person or by mail. You can also request an Okaloosa County marriage certificate online. If you choose to apply for a marriage certificate online using the VitalChek service, you'll pay the following fees:
- $15 for the first Okaloosa County marriage certificate
- $7 for the VitalChek identity verification process
- $4 for computer certification
- $2 for every calendar year that must be searched (if the exact year of marriage is unknown)
Cost of Requesting an Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate In-Person or by Mail
There are fewer fees to pay when requesting a marriage certificate in Okaloosa County in person or by mail. These are:
- $5 for one certified copy when only one calendar year is searched
- $2 for each additional calendar year searched (if the exact year of marriage is unknown)
- $10 for same-day, walk-in delivery if requesting records of any marriage that occurred before 1970
- $4 per copy for additional certified copies of the certificate
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Okaloosa County, FL?
An online marriage certificate request that's been processed by VitalChek can be sent out the same day by standard mail. If you are unwilling to wait five to 10 business days for standard mail delivery, you have the option of paying an additional fee for overnight or next-day delivery by UPS. In-person/walk-in requests for Okaloosa marriage certificates can be honored on the same day. However, mail-in requests will take three to five days to process, plus additional shipping time.
What Documents Do I Need to Request an Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate?
To apply for an you will need:
- The full name of the groom
- The full maiden name of the bride
- The date of birth for both parties
- The date of the marriage
- The city and county in which the marriage was performed
- The name of the county in which the marriage license was issued
You will also need to state your relationship with the individuals listed on the license, your full name and phone number, and the address to which the certificate should be sent.
How to Get an Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
To request a Destin Florida marriage license or any marriage license in Okaloosa County, you will need to complete the Application for Marriage Certificate Form. This form and all related fees can then be submitted to:
- VitalChek for online processing
- The Florida Clerk of Circuit Court (for records issued before 1927)
- The Florida Burea of Vital Statistics 9 (for records issued after 1927)
Contact Information for the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics
If you have questions about how to fill out a marriage certificate request or about marriage certificate documents in general, you can contact the Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics directly.
|General Mailing Address||Florida Bureau of Vital Statistics
1217 N Pearl St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
|Send a message|
Get Your Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate Fast With DoNotPay
How to get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Okaloosa County, Florida with DoNotPay
If you want to get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Okaloosa County, FL but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Okaloosa County Marriage Certificate?
DoNotPay streamlines and simplifies the process of applying for an . With DoNotPay, you can submit the required information and your payment in mere minutes. This is far preferable to traveling to the Bureau of Vital statistics in person and far less time-consuming than sending your application by standard mail. You also have the option of using the DoNotPay Notary product to have the marriage certificate notarized before you receive it.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You Accomplish?
Getting a copy of an is always a cinch when you use DoNotPay. However, DoNotPay can help you solve many other problems. With DoNotPay, you can quickly:
- Draft and submit defamation demand letters
- File formal complaints
- Sign up for free raffle tickets
- Create passport photos
As a powerful, AI-driven robot attorney, DoNotPay is designed to help people save time and money and get things done. Sign up now to experience the remarkable abilities of DoNotPay firsthand.