All You Should Know About Ohio Clinical Trials in One Place
A clinical trial is a medical experiment done on people. There is an abundance of types of clinical trials, and they can be found all around the United States. Learn more about one of the popular clinical trial locations—Ohio— and how participating in research studies may impact your health and your medical care.
Find Out Everything About Clinical Trials in Ohio
Researchers are in constant need of participants ready to volunteer in clinical trials to test new treatments. The aim of these medical experiments and observations is to find more effective drugs that would help patients and potentially eradicate the disease in question. They should allow patients to use drugs with fewer side effects and live better-quality lives in the future.
If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial in Ohio, you should go to Columbus. Ohio Clinical Trials, Inc. specializes in the design and conduct of Phases 1–3 of clinical trials. They have a team of medical experts, among which is Glen Apseloff, MD, FCP who has more than 30 years of experience in supervising clinical trials.
You can find them on 1380 Edgehill Rd., Columbus, OH 43212, or call them at (614) 754-7679.
Why Ohio Clinical Trials Inc. Is the Right Choice For You
When you are looking for a clinical trial to participate in, you should have a couple of things in mind. Your safety should be of top priority, so always look for reputable facilities that conduct clinical trials.
Ohio Clinical Trials, Inc. is one such place. Their full-time licensed medical staff have Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. In addition to on-site emergency equipment, emergency and critical care are available at a major university hospital less than a mile away.
What makes them stand out from other major CROs (Contract Research Organizations) is that they usually undertake only one or two studies at a time. This way of working gives better-quality results because researchers can dedicate their time to patients and analysis more efficiently.
Another advantage of Ohio Clinical Trials Inc. is that you can get paid for participating in their medical observations. They state that they will pay you by check which will be mailed to you when the clinical trial is done.
Ohio Clinical Trials Inc. has a Clinical Pharmacology Unit that is self-sufficient—it is a 12,000 square-foot, 60+ bed facility. Another benefit is its location—it’s a mile from an ER and an emergency response team is one city block away. The Clinical Pharmacology Unit can take in clinical study volunteers for several weeks at a time. Some other benefits are:
- Laundry facilities
- Recreation area
- Wireless internet
- Bedrooms with cable television
- Meals catered by a local vendor
How To Find Clinical Trials in Columbus, Ohio by Using DoNotPay
If you are in the pursuit of clinical trials to be a part of, you should turn to DoNotPay to help you with the process. Allow the world’s first robot lawyer to take care of the tiring part of this task. To find clinical trials in Columbus with DoNotPay’s assistance, follow the next steps:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Click on Clinical Trials
- Click on Get Started
- Set up the filters
- Choose a study you want to be a part of
- Select Contact
Once you finalize the steps, you should hear from the researchers you choose to contact within several days. You can always change your preferences and settings and contact as many facilities for new studies as you wish. In case you are interested in a study that hasn’t started yet, you can save it for later with our awesome bookmarking feature. With our app, you can decide whether you want to see only remote studies or observational ones. Take the entire compensation because we don’t keep fees!
What Are Some Other Ways You Can Find Clinical Studies in Columbus, Ohio?
If you decide to look for Ohio clinical trials on your own, you will have a couple of choices:
What Are the Phases of Clinical Trials?
Before a drug is available to the general public, it has to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The drug needs to go through certain clinical trial phases to achieve this. This is not a fast process since everyone wants the drug to be safe and have fewer side-effects. There are five phases of clinical trials:
- Phase 0—The first time a drug is tested on humans. Only a small dosage is used during this phase because of the risk it carries. Not many people participate because of safety reasons
- Phase I—This is the first official stage of clinical trials and researchers are now looking for the right dosage of the drug. Only 20–100 people participate and the phase is short-term—it lasts several days or weeks
- Phase II— Only about two-thirds of drugs make it to this stage. Phase II trials are conducted in different countries and include more than a hundred people. This phase can sometimes last for several years. It is also the phase that includes placebo drugs
- Phase III—The trials in this phase are also known as registration trials, and they are the last step before drug approval. The FDA decides whether the drug is suitable for moving to the next phase. This is when the standard drug is compared to the drug being tested with the goal of seeing which one has fewer side effects. Hundreds to thousands of people participate
- Phase IV—The trials of this phase are also called postmarketing trials. The last phase of clinical trials is the least risky because the drug has already been approved by the FDA. Postmarketing trials can look at different doses and durations of treatment to see if there is a better way to use the tested drug or a combination of drugs. Researchers try to see the long-term effects it has
Other Awesome Features DoNotPay Has in Its Offer
DoNotPay has a plethora of features that can help make your life easier. Whether you are having trouble with getting a refund from Hulu, Blizzard, Chegg, or Google Play, our app will deal with it for you. Maybe you are trying to cancel a Chaturbill, Terminix, WorldVentures, or HiddenListings subscription? Don’t stress—we have you covered.
The world’s first robot lawyer can make sure you get help with saving money on heating or water bills. One of the best options DoNotPay offers is our virtual credit card that allows its users to enjoy free trials without the fear of getting charged.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and let it help you with any of the following issues:
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Signing up for other clinical trials
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting sweet revenge on robocalls
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Disputing parking tickets
- Managing credit card problems
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting rid of spam mail once and for all
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting rid of spam text messages forever
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps