Ohio Car Registration Renewal
Even though you may dread going to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to get your car registration renewed, it is one of those necessary evils. But if standing in line at the BMV is not on your list of fun things to do, there are better ways to renew your vehicle registration. If your Ohio car registration renewal is due, DoNotPay's registration renewal product can help. No more standing in line. No hassles. No unpleasantness.
DoNotPay makes Ohio car registration renewal easy and quick. Using our five simple steps, you can complete the registration process in no time.
How to Renew Your Registration in Ohio
You can renew your registration in Ohio up to ninety days prior to the due date. You can choose to renew at a local deputy registrar license agency, or you can renew online. An option for renewing by mail is available, but you will have to call the BMV for directions. Use their website to locate a location nearest to you and determine if an appointment is necessary.
What Documents Do I Need for My Ohio Car Registration Renewal?
When renewing your Ohio registration, you will need to have the following information available:
- Your social security number or tax ID
- Your plate number
- Your Ohio driver's license
- An emission inspection certificate (from one of the approved locations) if you live in one of seven E-Check counties:
- A lease agreement and power of attorney documents if your vehicle is leased.
- Proof of current insurance coverage that meets Ohio's minimum requirements, including bodily injury and property damage liability coverage:
- $25,000 for injury/death of one person
- $50,000 for injury/death of two or more people
- $25,000 for property damage in an accident
How Often Do I Need to Renew My Ohio Car Registration?
Ohio car registration can be for multiple years or can be renewed annually. Purchases for multi-year renewal can be from two to five years, with payment required at the time of registration. Expiration dates are normally on the owner's birthday, which makes it easy to remember. Failure to renew on time will result in fees or penalties, and you could be cited for driving with expired registration as well.
How Much Does Ohio Car Registration Renewal Cost?
Although registration costs for vehicles licensed in Ohio may vary by type, the most common annual costs are:
|$200.00 (If electric)|
|$100.00 (If hybrid)|
|Light trucks||$46.00 (Non-commercial)|
|Heavy non-commercial truck||$81.00 (over ¾ ton)|
These fees do not include the Deputy Registrar fee or permissive (local) taxes, which vary based on the taxing district of the customer. If registered more than 30 days late, a $10 late fee applies. Check the website for other renewal costs, make replacement stickers or plates, and other additional fees you may have.
Let DoNotPay Help You With Your Ohio Car Registration Renewal
DoNotPay can help renew your car registration in all fifty states.
And it is so easy. No more standing in line, wasting time with appointments, or trying to understand all the variables in the online instructions.
How to renew your car registration using DoNotPay:
If you want to renew your car registration but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in five easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
What Else Can DoNotPay Do
DoNotPay is not only a fast and easy way to get your Ohio car registration renewal, we can help solve many of your daily problems. Need help with some parking or seatbelt tickets? We can help. Need a document notarized? We can help with that too. And if you need to prepare standard legal documents, we can walk you through that process as well. Let DoNotPay solve your problems easily and quickly.