The #1 Way to Get NPAS Off Your Credit Report Immediately
Nobody enjoys receiving notifications from a collection agency. Whether it comes as a surprise or an annoying reminder of money owed, it can become a stressful headache demanding, attention. You may take steps on your own to reach NPAS and attempt to handle the debt it claims you owe, but this can be challenging – let DoNotPay help you relax by handling much of the NPAS interaction process on your behalf.
What Is NPAS?
Since 1980, National Patient Account Services has provided account collection services to the medical community. As part of HCA Healthcare, this company claims to be "committed to treating patients and guarantors with dignity, sensitivity, and respect."
In What Ways May I Reach NPAS?
|By Mail||13906 Promenade Green Way Ste 300
Louisville, KY 40245-5918
|By Phone||1 (800) 223-9899|
I Received an NPAS Bill – Can I Pay Online?
You can pay your bill National Patient Account Services bill using the internet. Simply visit the payment site indicated on the bill you received and follow the on-screen instructions.
Can I Stop This Company From Calling Me?
You have the right to contact National Patient Account Services in writing and simply ask them to cease contact. They must comply even when you know the debt is valid. Keep in mind that this will not get rid of the debt – but it may give you peace of mind and reduce daily stress.
Can I Dispute Debt Reported by NPAS?
You absolutely have the right to dispute debt claimed by any collection agency. Be wary of any agency that states you cannot dispute it. NPAS will likely send you a written letter indicating:
- Who they are
- What debt you supposedly owe
- The amount owed
Their first letter must explain your options for dispute, including your right to request validation of the money owed and to whom it is owed. A copy of the debt or judgment must be provided.
What if I Don't Think I Am Responsible for This Debt?
There are cases in which you may be incorrectly held responsible for money owed. Perhaps:
- NPAS has incorrectly identified you
- The debt amount is actually much smaller than the company claims
- The age of the debt is so old that state law says you do not have to pay it
If you feel you may not owe this money, you can take advantage of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Its "Disputed Debts" clause provides you with a 30-day period during which you can dispute the debt in writing. This lets you ask the collector to give you more detailed information and documented proof that it has verified you are responsible for the debt. NPAS will not be able to continue its efforts to collect or try for a court judgment until it gives you the verification in writing.To write a dispute:
- Visit this sample letter.
- Copy the text it contains.
- Use it as a fill-in-the-blank guide for an idea of how to write your dispute request.
Can Someone Assist Me With My NPAS Interactions?
Absolutely! We are happy to make things easier by helping you communicate with National Patient Account Services.
How to Clean Up Your Credit Report Using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Review These Related Articles Regarding Problems for Which We Can Help You
- Improve your credit score
- What is a debt validation letter?
- How to fix your credit score
- Can I remove collections from my credit report?
- How to remove late payments from your credit report
- Learn how to remove credit report inquiries
DoNotPay Can Give You Easy Solutions for a Large Number of Daily Problems
We can hand you many products to help simplify your life, including (but not limited to):
DoNotPay reduces the stress of dealing with collection agencies, and we can assist with other challenging tasks you may encounter in life. Let us help!