How to Request Northwest Medical Center Medical Records With DoNotPay
While you've probably filled out plenty of papers at your doctor's office, attesting to the fact that you understand that they can't release your medical information to a third party, you may not realize that you can access your own medical records. You don't have to have a life-threatening excuse to get them, either. All you have to do is ask, and HIPAA requires that your doctor give you access to this information.
But why would you need your own medical records, and how easy are they to obtain from ? With DoNotPay, it's as simple as filling out a short form.
What Rights Does HIPAA Give You?
HIPAA may sound complicated, but it's designed to make sure your medical information isn't sold to others or released to someone you may not like it to go to, such as an ex or a nosey parent who doesn't know when to stop. It's also there to make sure that you have access to your records, even if you haven't paid your medical bills.
Why Would I Need My Medical Records from Northwest Medical Center?
There are a few reasons why getting your is important. This could range from moving to another state or switching doctors.
- Your power of attorney needs this information to make medical decisions on your behalf, or your family needs to know.
- You've taken a new job and are relocating to a new place.
- It's a good idea to double-check your records to make sure there aren't any inaccuracies.
- Your current doctor is retiring, or you've decided to switch to a new one.
- Your doctor has already performed this procedure, but a new doctor wishes to do it again.
- There are big changes such as a new owner or a potential shutdown happening at your local office, and you're not sure how long they'll keep your medical records on file.
How Do I Get My Medical Records from Northwest Medical Center?
There are two ways to request your medical records from Northwest Medical. One is to create an online account with MyHealthONE, or to get a paper copy directly from Northwest Medical.
Northwest Medical Center has partnered with MyHealthONE, which is an electronic form of your medical records. You can create an account to view your most recent visits, check lab results, stay up to date on your overall health, and more.
To create an account with MyHealthONE, you'll need to provide:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Create a password
You can also use your MyHealthONE account to give a caregiver access to your information. In order to be considered a caregiver, they must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have an active email address
- Present photo identification
- Someone you can trust
You'll then need to go to the Northwest Medical Center in person to sign a proxy express waiver. Then you call the MyHealthONE support team at 1-855-422-6625 to complete the process.
While all this is great, it's important to note that there are some Northwest Medical records that will only be available at the Records office. To get these records, you'll need a paper copy of a medical release form.
To do this, there are a few steps you'll need to take.
- Print and fill out a copy of the Medical Records Release Form. It's available in either English or Spanish.
- Include a current valid photo I.D. (E.g., driver's license, military I.D., or state-issued I.D.)
- Mail or fax the form to the facility where you last received treatment.
|Address||Northwest Medical Center-Release of Information
2801 North State Rd 7
Margate, FL 33063
|Phone Number||(866) 463-7272|
There may be a small charge of $0.25 per printed page and $0.02 per page for electronic copies, per Florida law. Your records should be mailed out 5-7 business days after your request has been received.
In the case of an emergency, you may need the records faster than you can get them mailed. If this is the case, then your doctor can request the forms. Your physician can fax the form in. They will need to include your name, date of birth, and date you last visited the facility or the date of the procedure in question. They'll need to include "STAT" on the letterhead.
Fax number: (855) 446-6008
Insurance, Attorney, Disability, and Third Party Requests
If you need your records for someone else, such as an attorney or insurance, then they should be the one to submit the request. Northwest Medical will not accept faxes or emails from a third party, but they can mail the request in.
Mail request to:
Northwest Medical Center - Release of Information
2801 North State Rd 7
Margate FL, 33063
Access Your Methodist Medical Records With DoNotPay
There shouldn't be an issue getting your medical records from Northwest Medical Centers, but stuff happens. This could be because of something such as:
- Your request got lost in the shuffle
- You need it now, and your doctor is out of town
- Your request has been denied for unknown reasons
It's a frustrating situation that can leave you ready to pull your hair out. Before you do that, however, why not check out DoNotPay, and let us help.
How to request medical records using DoNotPay:
DoNotPay has seen these requests before and knows how to write your health care provider a simple, clear, and effective letter that will get your legally-guaranteed health records for you in no time.
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay’s website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you’d like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you’d like to send the records.
DoNotPay Works with Other Hospitals as Well
Getting your medical records from Northwest Medical Centers is not all that DoNotPay can do. We can also help you access your records to:
What Else Can DoNotPay DO?
DoNotPay isn't one of those apps that can do one cool thing, and that's about it. We can also help you manage other facets of your life, such as:
Most of these are little problems that can be really nerve-wracking, but DoNotPay can handle it for you, so you can do something fun, like windsurfing.