Harassed by Northstar Debt Collectors? Here's What to Do!
Debt is something that no one ever wants to deal with, but sometimes it is unavoidable. If you find yourself in debt, such as medical debt, you will likely be contacted by a debt collector such as ERC or Northstar trying to get money from you. If you have been contacted by a , this guide will help you learn how to move forward.
When it comes to debt, there are a lot of essential things to know. For instance:
- How to negotiate with debt collectors
- Knowing if debt collectors can take your stimulus check
- What the statute of limitations is for debt collection
- How to write a dispute letter to a debt collector
- Know how long debt collectors can try to collect
- Know how often debt collectors take people to court
- How to deal with debt collectors
If you need help dealing with a debt collector, DoNotPay can help.
About Northstar Debt Collectors
, also known as Northstar Location Services LLC, has been operating for over 50 years.
You can reach them directly using the following contact details.
|Website||Northstar Location Services LLC|
|Mailing Address||4285 Genesee Street
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
|Web Contact||Contact Form|
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
How to Respond to Northstar
If you are contacted by Northstar, there are a couple of steps to deal with them.
To gain information about the debt, these are some tips you should employ.
- Find out who the debt collector is and all contact information for them.
- Determine how much debt is owed.
- Determine how the debt was incurred.
- Find out who the original creditor is. (For instance, you may have credit card debt, and the original creditor would be Discover, Visa, or another card company).
- Ensure that it is genuinely you who owes the debt.
After You Have Information
Once you have written information from the debt collector, (they are required to send you a written notice with specific legal information) you have a few options.
- If it has been less than 30 days since you were first contacted, you can request more information about the debt.
- You can tell the debt collector that you don't owe the debt. You can combine this with sending out a debt verification request.
- Give the debt collector specific times you want them to contact you.
Deal With Northstar Debt Collectors With the Help of DoNotPay
If you have recently been contacted by, or you have been dealing with them for months, DoNotPay can help you deal with them. We will determine whether or not they are acting in a legal capacity and then guide you on what your next steps should be. That could be sending a demand letter to the debt collectors, filing a debt verification request, or reporting them to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
Here's what you need to do.
- Go to the DoNotPay website and search "debt collection."
- Answer several questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can figure out if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide what course of action you want to take based on our suggestions, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
That's all you have to do. Once you have decided which path you want to take, we will handle everything else. We will send your request straight to the debt collectors or file your complaint with the CFPB.
Why Use DoNotPay to Handle Debt Collectors
There are many reasons why you should use DoNotPay to handle debt collectors, but here are the top three.
- It's fast: You only have to take a few minutes out of your day to give us some information.
- It's easy: You tell us about your debt issue, and we handle everything else.
- It's successful: You can trust that we will take the next steps to get your debt issue handled.
DoNotPay Can Help You With Many Tasks
Handling debt and other credit issues is just one of many ways we can assist you. We work with many businesses/companies, so we can help with quite a few different tasks. Here are some examples.
- Cancel any services or subscriptions you are no longer using
- Get help paying off your bills
- Find unclaimed money
- Learn how to get more financial aid for college
Getting into debt is something most people try to avoid, but sometimes there is nothing to be done to avoid it. If you end up in debt and are being harassed by a Northstar debt collector, there are things you can do to deal with it. You can try to take on the debt collector on your own, or you can reach out to DoNotPay. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you deal with your debt collector, among many other things.