Get a North Dakota Fishing License Fast with DoNotPay
Are you an angler? Do you fish to fulfill food requirements or financial gain? Is it a beloved hobby? No matter the reasons, the North Dakota Game and Fish (NDGF) Department mandates you obtain a North Dakota fishing license to fish in the state.
From the Upper Missouri River, Salt Water Coulee, Lake Oahe to the Red River of the North, North Dakota boasts fantastic fishing spots for residents or non-residents. However, with a 10% increase in fishing license sales, according to NDGF, you need more time, resources, and patience before getting that fishing license.
DoNotPay’s fishing license tool can help you shorten the process of obtaining a North Dakota fishing license and ensure you get it faster so you can hit your favorite spot sooner. So, prepare your fishing line, or net and let's get fishin'!
Understand North Dakota Fishing License Regulations
Before you obtain your fishing license in North Dakota, you should know a few things:
All residents and non-residents 16 years old and above are eligible to obtain a fishing license. The license is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
The law also grants some exceptions. Individuals who do not require a fishing license:
- Residents under age 16
- Non-residents under age 16. Ensure an adult who has a valid fishing license accompanies you
- Military personnel in the state on duty or leave
- Non-resident students living in North Dakota and attending a North Dakota institution of higher learning under the jurisdiction of the Board of Higher Education, a private institution, or a tribal college
- A resident without a fishing license and planning to fish during free fishing days
If you are planning to catch some paddlefish, obtain a paddlefish license on top of the other fishing license
Who is a Resident?
For you to qualify as a resident and enjoy the residents' benefits, you have to be at least one of the following:
- Planning to become a resident or will be living in North Dakota for a minimum of one year
- Military personnel on active duty in the state or on leave
- A North Dakotan in the military stationed outside the state
- Non-resident students residing in North Dakota and attending full-time state or tribal or private institutions and institutions of higher learning overseen by the Board of Higher Education
What Are the Different Types of Fishing Licenses and Costs?
North Dakota has various licenses depending on the age group, duration of the license, and residency. All these licenses ensure you get to enjoy the best fishing the state has to offer.
|Senior Citizens (65 years old or older)||$5|
|Permanently disabled residents (proof of disability required)||$5|
|Veteran (50% service-related disability)||$5|
|Fishing, Hunting, and Furbearer Certificate||$1|
|Individual Season Fishing||$45|
|Married Couple Season Fishing||$60|
|Married Couple annual license||$63|
|3 Day Fishing||$25|
|10 Day Fishing||$35|
|Fishing, Hunting, and Furbearer Certificate||$2|
The law requires that you carry a copy of your North Dakota fishing license with you on all your fishing expeditions, either as a hard copy or in electronic format.
Whether a resident or not, there are various options to choose from to ensure you enjoy every fishing trip to the maximum. Whichever license you decide on obtaining, DoNotPay can help you get it faster, more conveniently, automated, and less frustratingly.
How to Obtain a North Dakota Fishing License on Your Own
Fishing is fun and a great way to bring folks together. If you decide to obtain the fishing license on your own and are wondering where to get one, wonder no more. You can follow the following avenues:
- In-Person: You can visit the North Dakota Game and Fish Department office at 100 N. Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck, ND 58501-5095. You may have to wait in line.
- Online: You can attempt to navigate North Dakota's complicated official online portal via your web browser and purchase the fishing license from there.
- Via Phone: Place a phone call to the NDGFD any time of day throughout the week. Be prepared for long wait times. The method attracts a $4 service charge for transactions below $70 and $10 for transactions above $70.
So, do these avenues make getting a fishing license easy? Hardly.
If you aren't tech-savvy, lack enough time or money to pay the extra charges, or cannot make an in-person purchase, these avenues aren't the path for you. Additionally, suppose you purchase the license late. In that case, you'll experience delays, long queues, annoying on-hold phone calls, intermingling with other folks, which is a health risk, and filling a dozen forms.
DoNotPay presents the best alternative to avoiding the above hassles.
The Faster and Easier Way to Obtain a North Dakota Fishing License with DoNotPay
When your DIY method fails, that's not the end of it, so don't fret. With DoNotPay, you’ll get to obtain your fishing license faster and enjoy more time fishing.
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that’s it! DoNotPay will get the fishing license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license. A physical copy will be processed and sent to you by mail.
The Importance of Obtaining a Fishing License in North Dakota
You may be wondering why to obtain a license when there's plenty of fish to go around. Well, there's more to a license than the fish. Here are more reasons why you should obtain a license:
- Help and preserve fish populations for present and future anglers.
- Avoid hefty fines. Fishing without a fishing license in North Dakota is a Class B misdemeanor. You could be slapped with a $1,000 fine or have your fishing equipment impounded.
- It's the easiest and fastest way to get to the best fishing grounds in North Dakota.
- You contribute to noble causes such as fishery management, habitat development, endangered species programs, and conservation education.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your North Dakota Fishing License?
Would you rather spend precious time and resources visiting offices, browsing the internet, or making numerous phone calls searching for a fishing license only to end up hitting the waters mid-season? Heck no!
Let us handle obtaining your license for you, so you can focus on getting your gear ready for your fishing trip. DoNotPay is:
- Super-fast and convenient by eliminating numerous processes that could take hours or days
- Super easy as you don't have to fill a dozen forms
- Success guaranteed, and you'll have your fishing license in no time
- Safe and secure as we don't share your data with any unnecessary parties
- Time and resource-conscious
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay does much more than help you obtain a North Dakota fishing license. The platform's versatility allows us to perform numerous tasks for you, including:
- Help you with your tourist visa
- Handle bad neighbors for you
- Secrets on acing various government tests
- Give you tips on creating fantastic passport photos
- Claim late delivery refunds
- Make warranty claims