How to Connect With an Inmate From the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
The North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women is able to house up to 1,776 female inmates and is one of the largest female prisons in the state of North Carolina. This facility holds offenders of all custody levels, including medium, maximum, close, and death row inmates. It also acts as a support facility for other nearby correctional facilities.
If you have a friend or family member that is currently in the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women and would like to contact them, DoNotPay can help you easily get in touch.
How to Contact the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
|Physical Address||North Carolina Correctional Institution
1034 Bragg Street
Raleigh, NC 27610
|General Phone||(919) 733-4340|
How to Send a Letter to Inmates at North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
In 2020, the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women started using a company called TextBehind to vet all of the incoming mail. Instead of sending mail directly to the correctional institution, you will send it to this third-party company. They will then make a digital file of all letters that have been received and send the files to the prison. The North Carolina Correctional Institution will then print all acceptable pages and deliver them to the inmates. With this system, you are still able to send cards and photos as well.
Inmate Mailing Address:
Inmate's Name and OPUS Number
North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
Can You Visit an Inmate in Person at the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women?
If you wish to visit an inmate in person, you must first fill out an application and wait for it to be approved by the staff at the North Carolina Correctional Institution. After your application has been approved, you can then call (919) 508-1501 to schedule an appointment. You must schedule an appointment to attend a visitation session. Appointments are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The visitation hours at the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women are as follows:
|Visitation Day||Visitation Time|
|Monday||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
2:15 PM to 4:15 PM
|Tuesday||8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
2:15 PM to 4:15 PM
|Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
2:15 PM to 4:15 PM
|Saturday and Sunday||8:00 AM to 10:00 AM; 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM|
How to Send Money to an Inmate at North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women
Money cannot be given directly to inmates. However, each inmate will be able to use the money to buy food, toiletries, and other necessities in the commissary.
There are a few ways to put money into an inmate's commissary account, which include:
- You can pay with your debit card or credit card online or through the JPay app.
- Pay with your debit or credit card by phone. Call (800) 574-5729 and securely give your information to the live agent.
- Mail money orders to:
P.O. Box 173070
Hialeah, FL 33017
- Go to any MoneyGram walk-in site.
- Fill out the ExpressPayment Service Form
- Submit the Inmate's legal first and last name
- Submit the Inmate's registration number
- Submit the name of the correctional facility
- Write down the exact amount of money that you wish to send
After you submit the MoneyGram service form, you should receive a reference number to confirm the transaction.
DoNotPay Can Help Locate Your Imprisoned Friend or Family Member
If you need help finding the exact location of any inmate in the country, DoNotPay can help. To locate your imprisoned friend or family member, follow these simple steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You Do?
DoNotPay is here to help make your daily life a little easier. In addition to helping you locate an inmate to connect with, we can also help you complete a wide range of tasks. Some of the other services that we can provide include:
- Stop spam from landing in your inbox
- Easily handle credit card issues
- Take care of parking tickets
- Find the best free trials