Get Your New York Birth Certificate In A Few Clicks
Do you know how to get a birth certificate in New York? What if you need a replacement copy of your birth certificate? Getting a birth certificate, whether you need it for yourself or a member of your family, can feel like a major challenge. With DoNotPay, however, you can streamline the New York birth certificate acquisition process and get your birth certificate in your hand faster, with a lot less hassle.
Authorized vs. Informational Birth Certificate Copies in New York
You need a birth certificate in New York, but which one do you need? You may need an authorized copy if:
- You need to get a passport
- You need to get a driver's license
- You need to apply for a copy of your Social Security card or submit evidence of your identity to the Social Security Administration
- You need to provide a birth certificate for employment purposes
If you just need to get a birth certificate for a newborn to commemorate their birth or simply want a birth certificate for informational purposes, you may not have to have an authorized or certified copy. However, if you need to get an authorized copy of your birth certificate, it may have to be notarized, which may further complicate the process.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in New York?
The cost of a New York birth certificate may depend on how you get it.
|Online/Phone Orders||$45 + $8 vendor processing fee|
Who Can Apply for a Copy of a Birth Certificate in New York?
You can apply for a birth certificate in New York if you are:
- The person named on the birth certificate
- The parent of the person on the birth certificate
- The spouse or child of the person named on a New York birth certificate
- Someone who has an order from the New York State Court to obtain a copy of a birth certificate
What Documents Do You Need to Get a Copy of a New York Birth Certificate?
To file an application for a New York birth certificate, you will need to:
- Complete the application
- Pay the required fees
- Provide proof of your identity
You can use several documents as proof of your identity, including:
- A driver's license
- A photo ID card
- Your passport
- A military-issued photo ID
You can also use two of either a utility or telephone bill or a letter from a government agency dated within the last six months to help establish your identity.
How to Get Your New York Birth Certificate On Your Own
If you need to get a copy of your New York birth certificate on your own, there are three options:
- Apply online through VitalChek
- Apply via phone by calling VitalChek at 1-877-854-4481
- Apply by mail at: New York State Department of Health Vital Records Certification Unit P.O. Box 2602 Albany, NY 12220-2602
However, these methods can often prove time-consuming and frustrating.
Get Your Birth Certificate Faster and Easier with DoNotPay
Regardless of what method you choose for acquiring your New York birth certificate, from online to mail, it can be time-consuming. You may find yourself waiting in a long line at the Department of Health, wading through a complex online application, or waiting longer than necessary to get your birth certificate back in your hands when you apply through the mail. With DoNotPay, you can get your birth certificate fast in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
It's just that simple!
Ready to Get Started?
Use DoNotPay's convenient New York birth certificate application process to streamline your application and get your birth certificate in your hands as soon as possible. It's fast. It's easy. You won't have to worry about spending hours simply trying to acquire your birth certificate or worry about tedious forms that may ask for information you don't even know if you have.
Even better, you can feel confident that your birth certificate application will be a success since it's in our confident, capable hands--and we can often speed up processing times and make it easier for you to get the information you need.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Let the world's first robot lawyer handle the stress for you! We started as a means of helping the public fight parking tickets, but look what else we can do for you!
- Unattended Child travel consent paperwork
- Membership cancellations
- Getting your passport photo--fast!
- Assistance with filing formal complaints