How to Get Your New Mexico Fishing License Easily With DoNotPay
From Navajo Lake to Red River, from Eagle Nest to Chama, there are a lot of gorgeous, natural fishing spots in New Mexico. But in order to fish in New Mexico, most people need a New Mexico fishing license. Depending on where you fish, you may also need a Habitat Stamp and Habitat Management & Access Validation.
These fishing licenses go to fund the state's conservation and natural maintenance efforts, and to preserve the environment so everybody can enjoy the outdoors. DoNotPay can help you figure out what paperwork is required in order to fish in New Mexico, and get that paperwork instantly.
Who Needs to Get a Fishing License in New Mexico?
In the state of New Mexico, all anglers age 12 and older need to have a valid fishing license in order to fish in public waters. These licenses are valid from April 1st of one year to March 31st of the next year. Fishers who are ages 12 through 17 only need a Junior fishing license, which is less expensive than the regular one.
If you're fishing on U.S. Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management land in New Mexico, you will also need to purchase a Habitat Stamp separately from your fishing license. This stamp costs $10.
What Are the Different Types of New Mexico Fishing License?
The state of New Mexico offers several different types of fishing licenses. These include:
- Annual fishing licenses
- Five-day fishing licenses
- One-day fishing licenses
There are also discounted Junior fishing licenses for children aged 12 to 17, and Senior fishing licenses for those between ages 65 and 69. If you're over 70 years old and a New Mexico resident, you are still required to have a fishing license, but you can get one for free.
Fishing License Costs in New Mexico
The cost of getting a fishing license in New Mexico varies based on your age, residency status, and how long you intend to fish.
|License||For Residents||For Non-Residents|
|Annual fishing licenses||$25.00||$56.00|
|Five-day fishing licenses||$24.00||$24.00|
|One-day fishing licenses||$12.00||$12.00|
|Junior annual fishing licenses (ages 12-17)||$5.00||$15.00|
|Senior annual fishing licenses (ages 65-69)||$8.00||Not available to non-residents|
You may also be eligible for a discount on your fishing license if you are disabled, or if you're a military veteran.
How to Get a New Mexico Fishing License By Yourself
There are three ways to get a fishing license in New Mexico: in person, by phone, and online.
- In-Person - Visit any fishing license vendor in the state. Note that many of these vendors have limited operating hours or charge extra service fees. You can also visit any New Mexico Department of Game and Fish office.
- By Phone - Simply call 1-(888)248-6866. The NMDGF will walk you through the process of applying for a fishing license. Make sure you have a lot of time as this will not be quick.
- Online - Create an account on the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish web portal and find your way through getting a fishing license through their website. It's important to note that this portal only accepts payment via credit card, while vendors may accept cash or checks.
If you are a busy person, I’m pretty sure you detest having to do mundane and repetitive tasks. The ways of obtaining a fishing license above may seem simple enough but that doesn’t mean they are fun to deal with.
Allow DoNotPay to handle it for you. As your dependable robot lawyer, we are here to deal with all the paperwork so you can go straight ahead and enjoy your fishing trip with no hassle.
How to Get a New Mexico Fishing License With DoNotPay
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get the fishing license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your New Mexico Fishing License?
DoNotPay is the fastest way to get your New Mexico fishing license. Because it's entirely within the app, you don't have to create an account with the state. And you don't have to pay vendor fees or get to a vendor during regular business hours. DoNotPay has experience getting fishing licenses in all fifty states, so no matter where you fish, it has you covered.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
DoNotPay can do a lot more than help you get your New Mexico fishing license. With the help of the world's first robot lawyer, you can:
- Get certified copies of a birth, marriage, or death certificate
- Appeal parking tickets
- Apply for a pet license
- Create a power of attorney
- Take your passport photos
- Schedule a car recall repair
And many, many more things. Find out all the things DoNotPay can do for you today!