How to Connect With an Inmate in New Hanover Correctional Center
New Hanover Correctional Facility is a minimum-security re-entry facility that houses approximately 402 adult male offenders. It was first opened in 1915 in Wilmington, North Carolina, and is now operated by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS).
As a re-entry facility, inmates here participate in programs that help them integrate into society after their incarceration period. Such programs include the work release program that allows inmates to leave the facility, work in the surrounding community, and report back to the institution in the evening.
The work-release program helps them adapt to a normal working environment outside the facility and also enables them to earn some money to help them start off once released. Other prisoners work within the facility to perform kitchen work, laundry, and maintenance duties. Others may choose to take up vocational training and learn horticulture and industrial electricity skills.
New Hanover Correctional Center Contact Information
|Physical Address||330 Division Dr, Wilmington
NC 28401, United States
How to Contact Inmates at New Hanover Correctional Center
You can contact inmates through:
- Phone Calls
- In-person visitation
New Hanover encourages families of inmates to send mail and packages to their loved ones incarcerated at the facility. All mail is checked to prevent any contraband items from entering the institution.
Ensure that you address the letter correctly so that it can be received at the facility. Send your mail to the following mailing address.
Inmate Name, OPUS Number
New Hanover Correctional Center
330 Division Drive
Wilmington, NC 28401
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety has partnered with ConnectNetwork to offer telephone services to inmates in prisons across North Carolina, including New Hanover Correctional Center. Offenders can have:
- AdvancePay Prepaid Telephone Accounts
- Offender Phone Debit Accounts
AdvancePay Prepaid Telephone Accounts requires that you set up an account with ConnectNetwork and fund it so that an inmate can pay for calls using the account balance. You have four ways to fund your account. They include:
- Through ConnectNetwork's official website
- Through the phone – Call 1-800-483-8314
- Through Western Union
- Through mail on the following address
AdvancePay Service Department
PO Box 911722
Denver, Colo. 80291-1722
Offender Phone Debit Accounts allow you to make deposits to an offender's PIN debit phone account. Once funds have been deposited, the deposit is credited to the offender and may be used to make phone calls to any allowed phone number.
Visitations at New Hanover Correctional Center are by appointment only, so you'll need to call the institution to schedule an appointment. Also, you may need to call the institution a day before your visitation day to confirm your visitation status.
You can also apply in person for visitation through a visitation application form sent to you by the offender. Ensure that you fill it completely, providing correct information only. You can then drop it off at the institution and wait for approval. Only approved visitors can visit the offender.
Offenders in the general population are allowed visitors on Saturdays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm as they are at work the rest of the weekdays. Those in segregation can receive visitors from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
How to Contact an Inmate at New Hanover Correctional Center With the Help of DoNotPay
Connecting with inmates is important, but it can also be expensive. DoNotPay makes it easy for you to send letters to your loved one without the hassle of going to a post office and with the best practices of writing and addressing a letter to an inmate.
All you have to do is write or upload your message through DoNotPay, and we'll make sure it gets delivered. The process is as follows:
- Open the DoNotPay prison product.
- We'll walk you through the required steps like adding the inmate's name, ID, and facility.
- Write your message through our app/website or upload your own attachments.
- Upload any photos or images you want to attach to the letter.
- Choose from one of our customized letter templates.
- DoNotPay will instantly print and send the letter upon completion, so it's guaranteed to be received as soon as possible.
To make this experience as personalized as possible, we offer various letter templates the user can choose from and special edition letters for the holidays.
Once the inmate replies to your letter, DoNotPay will digitize it and send the content to you. That's it.
How to Locate and Contact an Imprisoned Friend With the Help of DoNotPay
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Finding your loved one in a correctional institution and communicating with them can be frustrating, especially because of the bureaucracy imposed on every stage. However, DoNotPay can teach you how to write a letter, how to address a letter to an inmate, and even answer your questions on inmate visitation.
Check out DoNotPay's Connect with an Inmate product page to get the information you need and get started.