Neighbor’s Barking Dog—A Letter of Complaint To Fix Your Troubles
New neighbors are always exciting—unless they have a loud dog. When the commotion becomes unbearable, don’t lose sleep—write a letter to your neighbor about the noise. When trying to find a convenient solution for your neighbor’s barking dog, a letter written in a friendly manner is excellent for avoiding conflict.
Are you not sure where to start? Be it noise, harassment, or loud pets—you can resolve any neighbor issue the easy way when you sign up for DoNotPay.
Besides the apparent reason—it annoying the hell out of you—some reasons why you should write a complaint letter are:
- The barking might bother other neighbors as well—you can ask other neighbors to sign your complaint letter and back you up on this issue—the more, the merrier!
- The dog might be dangerous to bypassers—if the dog is aggressive, the barking could result in a dog bite
- The dog might be suffering abuse or neglect, and the barking could be a cry for help—no animal deserves to suffer, and your actions could save the dog
Before writing a friendly letter to your neighbor or filing a complaint about the barking dog, you should explore other possibilities:
- Talk to your neighbor and see what’s wrong—maybe the dog is having difficulties adjusting to its new home
- Your new neighbor’s dog could also be afraid of the moving-in process—for example, people carrying massive furniture around the house— and the dog might calm down when everyone settles
- Dogs often bark at people they don’t know—let the dog sniff you and give it a few treats so you’re not a stranger anymore
You tried everything you could, but the dog is still noisy, and your neighbors won’t do anything about it? It might take a complaint letter for your neighbors to take you seriously and to stop the barking.
Once you decide to take this step, you should get acquainted with everything your letter needs to contain.
Your complaint letter should include the following information:
- Your name and address
- The neighbors’ names and address
- Your reason for writing a complaint letter
- Your suggestion on how to resolve the problem
- The consequences your neighbors will face if they don’t respond to the letter
- Your signature
If you’re annoyed by the thought of having to write the letter by yourself, you can let DoNotPay make a demand letter for you before you can say ‘barking dog.’
Keep the letter simple and straightforward. Cut to the chase—express your concerns and propose a solution. You can use this sample letter as a guide while writing your complaint letter:
[Date of writing]
[Name of neighbor]
[Address of neighbor]
My name is [insert your name], and I live at [insert your address]. I’m writing to you regarding your barking dog. I’m worried about [insert your concerns here].
I suggest [indicate how you’d like them to fix the problem]. I’d like you to fix the issue within [insert preferred time frame], but I would be very grateful if you could resolve it as soon as possible.
If the problem persists, I’m afraid I will have to pursue legal action.
Please contact me via [insert contact information] if you’d like to discuss the issue in detail.
DoNotPay made the Neighbor Complaint feature so people like you can sleep without troubles again. To mail a custom complaint letter to your neighbors using DoNotPay, do the following:
- Sign up for DoNotPay in your preferred browser
- Select the issue you’re dealing with—noise, animals, or harassment
- Give us the details—all your attempts at solving the problem and the compensation you demand
After you answer all questions, DoNotPay will send the letter to your neighbor directly and spare you a post office trip.
Check out other articles from our learning center that can help you handle bad neighbors legally with ease:
When you’re in a bind but you can’t afford a lawyer, there is still something you can do—sign up for DoNotPay and let our award-winning app give you a hand. With our expertise, the following tasks will be a piece of cake:
- Taking people or companies to small claims court
- Disputing parking tickets
- Keeping your work protected against copyright infringement
- Drawing up legal documents
- Getting a child travel consent form
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Solving issues with your neighbors
- Getting protected from stalkers or harassers
- Receiving crime victim compensation
- Dealing with email or text spam and robocalls
Our AI-driven app comes in handy for numerous bureaucratic or administrative chores that usually take up a lot of time. With DoNotPay’s speedy service, even the most tiresome task will be complete in a flash!
You can forget all about waiting in line at the DMV and being on hold with customer service—we will get you to the finish line in a few clicks. Tired of the old snail mail? Use DoNotPay to mail letters fast. Better yet—fax your documents using our app. If your document requires a notary’s signature, we can assist you in scheduling a virtual appointment.