Easily Enforce and Collect Child Support Payments In NC
There is no worse feeling than believing that you cannot get the assistance you need for something as crucial as NC child support just because you are not sure about the rules and regulations that revolve around something like that. If that sounds like the position you find yourself in right now, you need to look to DoNotPay to provide you with some direct assistance on this. They will do everything in their power to ensure that you get the information you need so you can get your child support payments delivered to you ASAP.
How Are Child Support Payments Enforced in North Carolina?
North Carolina is similar to other states in enforcing NC child support payments to be made to the individual who is owed that money. What they do is:
- Have employers deduct a certain amount of money from the spouse who must pay the child support from each paycheck
- Collect those payments at the NC Child Support Centralized Collections (NCSCC)
- Payout those payments within seven days of receipt of them
The person who receives the payments can have a little more confidence in their ability to receive timely payments each month that they can rely on to provide for their child’s basic needs. This is how the system is supposed to work for them, and it just makes sense that those who are primarily taking care of the children deserve to receive some peace of mind around when those payments arrive.
What if the Paying Party Does Not Have a Job?
There is always a fear of parents who need child support payments about how they will get the money from the other person if that person refuses to work or make their payments. They worry that they will have to do without as they struggle to take care of their children. Sadly, it is relatively common for someone supposed to make child support payments to delay those payments or refuse to pay outright intentionally. Luckily, the legal system does not look kindly on people who do this.
If you can prove that someone who has been ordered by a court to make child support payments is refusing to do so, you can:
- Take them to court to demand payment
- Have the court make them prove their income or lack thereof
- Face the prospect of steep penalties or even imprisonment if they refuse to pay or pay properly
Hopefully, this will be enough to force the hand of the person who owes you money to do the right thing and pay up. If not, they will have to deal with the consequences of their lack of responsibility in this matter. You can find some relief in the fact that you have done all that you possibly could to try to hold them accountable for their actions. Beyond that, there may not be much that you can do if they refuse to cooperate with the rules of society.
Can DoNotPay Push The Matter Along For You?
Yes, DoNotPay can attempt to put some additional pressure on the person who owes you child support money. DoNotPay would be pretty happy to help in this matter as you seek to find peace and justice in this situation. They want to be your partner in this and help you move the ball forward towards a resolution that all can be pleased with.
How to file a demand letter for late child support payments using DoNotPay:
If you want to file a demand letter for late child support payments but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search child support on DoNotPay and enter the details of the person who owes the payments.
- Tell us more about the payment schedule, including the amount and frequency of the payments, the last payment they made and the number of missed payments, and how much they owe you in total.
- Confirm your contact information and select whether you want us to mail or email the letter on your behalf. Choose how you would like to receive the payment and verify your signature.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Each state has different rules and regulations regarding child support, which can make the entire process confusing and overwhelming. Luckily, DoNotPay has child support guides for each state. Find yours below:
Other Areas Of Assistance Provided By DoNotPay
DoNotPay is constantly adding to the areas that they help people with. This is why they also offer the following programs to assist you:
- Connect with an inmate
- Fight and waive fees
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Free fast food
- Hotel upgrades
- Mailing as a service
- Pay bills online
Just think of all of the paperwork that would go into handling those tasks all on your own. DoNotPay has taken that burden off your shoulders and made it so much easier to accomplish great things without all of the struggles. Take advantage of their systems, and you won't be disappointed.