How to Deal With NatWest Debt Collection Agency
NatWest Debt Collectors is a debt collection agency of the NatWest Bank, a top-four clearing bank in the UK. If you have a NatWest account and you have fallen behind in paying your loan, mortgage, credit card, and more, you will be contacted by .
In this case, they will send a letter detailing your debt information and how you can make your payment. Alternatively, they might call you and give a request to pay your debt. These calls and letters can be annoying, especially when sent continuously.
At DoNotPay, we understand the stress you have to pass through to respond to these letters and calls. We have devised an easy way of responding to the NatWest letters and calls professionally. Read on to learn more.
NatWest Debt Collection Agency's Contact Information and Why They Might Be Calling
You can contact either through the following:
|Head Office Number||03457 888 444|
|Customer Support Number||0800881177|
|NatWest Facebook Page|
|Address||250 Bishopsgate Spitalfields London EC2M 4AA|
They will call you to:
- Remind you to settle your overdue debt
- Negotiate on debt repayment
- Reach to your guarantor during the credit transaction
- To revise your terms of payment
What if NatWest Is a Scam?
No, NatWest Debt Collection Company is a legitimate and confirmed arm of the official NatWest group. Even though the company bears the name NatWest bank, you have a right to be suspicious about whether they are who they claim to be.
Scammers may use a name close to a trusted company, and even if anyone identifies themselves as a reputable collection agency, you should head to the company website and confirm. The company's full-page title is National Westminster Bank Public Limited Company.
What if You Don't Pay NatWest Debt?
If the company support has contacted you, it is advisable to act as quickly as possible. The more you are hesitant to take any action, the more risk you expose yourself to. Ignoring them will potentially prompt them to take measures against you.
NatWest might decide to take you to court, a move that can render you bankrupt. They might get a court order to send a bailiff to your home and garnish an asset worth your debt. That said, when you are contacted, you get in touch with the company and keep the process of payment underway.
How to Respond to NatWest Debt Collection
If you receive any correspondence from NatWest concerning a debt, you should gather information and prove the debt.
- Gather Information - After receiving a letter detailing your debt, you should cross-reference the amount stated in the letter with the earlier correspondence you received. If the amount indicated in both letters does not match, it is a chance to use it against them. In case this inconsistency happens, your debt becomes void, and you should not pay it.
- Prove the Debt - If you truly believe the debt is not yours, you should send a "Prove Debt Letter" to the agency. This letter serves as a demand for them to prove the legitimacy of the debt through writing. If they cannot prove it, you should demand them to remove the debt from your credit card report.
In case NatWest is hesitant to solve your problem, you can report them to the Financial Ombudsman Services. They provide free and independent services to resolve credit-related complaints.
You can also reach them on 0800 023 4567 or 0800 123 9123. These helplines are active from 8 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday. If you don't prefer calls or writing letters, you can reach them through their official website.
Be assured that NatWest will be persistent in calling and texting you to settle your debt. You might have agreed to pay your debt bit by bit, but still, the company continues to call and send you letters.
At DoNotPay, we understand how it can be annoying to receive calls and letters from debt collectors. In this connection, we offer a perfect solution to your problem through our Debt Help product.
How to Respond to NatWest Collection Using Donotpay
We help you respond to NatWest through three easy steps:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
How Can You Handle Other Debt Management Agencies With Ease?
Debt collectors can be stressful due to their constant letters and calls, but we struggle to deal with them accordingly. We can help you handle:
- Marston Group Holdings
- Amigo Loans
- Lowell Financial
- Provident Loans
- DWP Debt Management
Our actions are devoted to dealing with debt collectors! Contact us today and let us handle NatWest debt collectors with ease.