A Detailed Guide to the Namibia Tourist Visa
Is Namibia on your must-see travel list? This African country has much to offer—from breathtaking landscapes to buzzing wildlife. Oh, and if you feel like you need some time away from other humans, Namibia is your spot since it is the second least densely populated country in the world.
Sign up for DoNotPay to find out whether you need a Namibia tourist visa to visit the country. Our app will provide you with other practical travel info regarding necessary documents and the current COVID-19 situation.
You will need to obtain a tourist visa for Namibia to visit the country and stay up to 90 days. There is no need to apply for the visa before your trip since you can obtain it upon arrival.
Make sure that your visa stamp is valid for the length of your intended stay before leaving the immigration counter. If you have an incorrect entry stamp or stay in the country longer than allowed, you will face fines, detention, or arrest.
To get your visa for Namibia, make sure to:
- Provide a passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- Obtain a new passport before departure if you have insufficient passport validity
- Have at least six blank pages (not including the annotation/endorsement pages at the back of the document). Namibian immigration officers may deny entry to visitors who fail to meet this requirement
You should receive a yellow fever vaccine before traveling to Namibia and bring proof of your inoculation when entering the country. Even though the United States is not on the list of countries required to get the shot, U.S. travelers have been asked to show their yellow cards on multiple occasions.
Here is the crucial information you should know about going to Namibia during the pandemic:
- You are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test not older than 72 hours
- If you don’t bring the test result, you will be tested and charged for the procedure on arrival. You will also be placed in quarantine and only be released if the results of your test are negative
- Children younger than five are exempt from testing
- The country currently has a daily curfew from 10:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
Keep in mind that the COVID-19 situation might change, so you should check for any updates before your departure.
In case you have any doubts or inquiries about your trip to Namibia, get in touch with the Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, D.C. Here is the contact info:
- Address—1605 New Hampshire Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20009
- Phone number—202-986-0540
The Consular Section is open between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday, except on Namibian and U.S. holidays.
Here is some other information you’ll find helpful when traveling to Namibia:
- The currency used is the Namibian Dollar (N$ or NAD)
- The official language is English, but only about 3% of the population speaks it as a home language
- Christianity is the most widespread religion
- The Namib is the oldest desert in the world and is the place where numerous Hollywood blockbusters were filmed
- You can enjoy an incredible train journey called the Desert Express, which covers 220 miles through highlands, desert, savannah, and gravel plains
Even though Namibia does not have a complex tourist visa application process, other countries do. Finding the correct info is usually a dull and time-consuming process.
If you want to avoid searching for tourist visa requirements for every country you wish to visit, use DoNotPay. Our app gathers all the essential information and presents it to you in simple terms.
We’ll send a direct link to the online visa application form or a PDF guide with instructions on how to apply. Should there be any other documents you must submit to get a visa, we’ll list them for you. If no visa is necessary to enter the country, our app will tell you how long you can stay there.
All you have to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Tourist Visa Guide product
- Inform us if you are a U.S. passport holder and what your destination is
Africa is full of fascinating sites and luscious getaways. Since the administrative travel requirements are not so chill or simple, extensive research is a must before jetting off. DoNotPay can provide you with all the necessary information related to tourist visas for the countries listed in the table below:
If you’re on a tight schedule and you can’t afford to spend hours running errands, DoNotPay steps in with a perfect solution! You can skip going to the post office to request an item return or visiting a notary public to get your documents notarized—Our app will help you get it all done without going anywhere!
Visiting your local Walmart to have your passport photo taken is unnecessary since DoNotPay can help you get it at home!
Consult the list below to see what other tasks you can complete using our app:
- Send letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Request gift card cash back
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Simplify mailing services
Companies tend to keep charging their clients monthly subscription fees automatically if they don’t end their subscriptions. Stop wasting money on forgotten memberships—DoNotPay will show you how to terminate your subscription in a few clicks!