Myanmar Tourist Visa for U.S. Citizens—Do You Need It?
Are you crazy about the pearl-white beaches of Myanmar and the dazzling architecture all over this breathtaking country? We hear you—rarely can anyone resist such a beauty. To ensure a pleasant journey to this destination, you should obtain proper permission to enter the country and enjoy your stay without any complications.
In this article, you will find out whether it’s necessary to get a Myanmar tourist visa for U.S. citizens before your visit. Learn what documents you need, whether you can get the necessary permission upon arrival at the airport, and how COVID-19 influences the current entry requirements. We will also give you an extra tip—using DoNotPay to get all the necessary tourist visa application instructions for other countries in the same area!
Yes, all U.S. travelers heading to Myanmar must apply for a tourist visa and have it approved before setting off. This permission grants you the right to stay in the country for 28 days and must be used within three months from the approval date. According to the latest information from the Embassy of the Republic of the Union Myanmar in Washington, DC, tourist visas can’t be extended or renewed.
Here’s a list of everything you must prepare for a successful tourist visa application if traveling to Myanmar:
- Original U.S. passport that remains valid for at least 180 days beyond your intended stay in the country
- Two blank pages in your passport—required for an entry stamp
- Two 2x2’’ passport-like photos no older than six months—or one photo if you are filing an online application
- Proof of the trip, including one of the following:
- Confirmed itinerary
- Photocopy of your plane ticket
- Confirmation letter from your tour operator
- Accommodation reservation
- Visa fee—$40
- Completed physical or online visa application form
There are two ways to submit your visa application:
- At the appropriate Myanmar embassy
The table below shows the instructions for both submission methods:
Wait for up to three working days to get approval for your visa or up to 24 hours if you choose expedited processing
Wait for at least three working days to get approval
Due to a significant increase in COVID-19 cases, the government doesn’t accept electronic visa applications until July 31, 2021. After this date, they should become available again but this decision is subject to changes. For this reason, it’s recommendable to check the newest updates regularly.
No—obtaining a tourist visa upon arrival is currently not practicable. This option is available only for travelers visiting Myanmar for business purposes and visitors from several surrounding countries.
In light of the present situation with the pandemic, all U.S. citizens entering Myanmar must:
- Provide laboratory evidence of absence of COVID-19, which can be one of the following:
- Vaccination certificate
- Negative PCR test taken within the last 72 hours
- Undergo a health screening process upon arrival at the airport or particular point of entry
- Adapt to the ongoing curfew from 8:00 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Are you worried that your tourist visa application may go wrong because you can’t find reliable instructions? You can say goodbye to such problems with DoNotPay—our app can help you go through the entire process with zero hassle!
To use our help, proceed as follows:
- Access your DoNotPay account from your preferred web browser
- Choose the Tourist Visa Guide option
- Confirm your U.S. citizenship or passport ownership
- Give us the name of the country you want to go to
Our system will immediately check if you need a tourist visa for your trip. If you do, DoNotPay will tell you which documents you need for the application and send you a suitable application form. We can even reach out to the embassy and ask them if you can file an email application!
The Tourist Visa Guide feature can help you tackle all potential issues with your tourist visa application for all surrounding countries, such as:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By||Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By||Get Help With Your Studies By|
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!