How to Obtain a Multnomah County Marriage Certificate Fast
Like your birth certificate and Social Security Number, marriage certificates are vital. A marriage certificate proves to the state that you're married to your partner and also comes in handy in case of any issues such as will and estate provisions in the event of a spouse's death. If you're in Portland and want to get your , DoNotPay can help.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
People often confuse a marriage license and a marriage certificate. A marriage license refers to a legal document that those seeking to be married usually get before they can get married. The permit gives couples to be the authorization to get married.
A is a document that proves couples got married. This document is only issued after the newlyweds have signed a marriage license. The certificate essentially binds you and your spouse.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Multnomah?
The following can ask for a copy of a Multnomah County marriage certificate:
- A married couple
- The parents of the couple
- Couple's children
- An authorized representative of the entitled individuals
However, only the couple can apply for a certified copy unless the court orders another party to apply. Suppose one of the parties in the marriage dies. In that case, the surviving partner and next of kin, including parents or children of the married couple or siblings, can apply for a certified copy of the marriage certificate.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Multnomah County?
In Portland, you will have to part with $40 for a Portland marriage license. You will be charged $7.75 per copy for the first certified copy of the document and $4 if you need an extra copy. If you need your certificate to be expedited, you'll have to part with extra cash, with some states charging $20 or more.
For those who don't remember which year they got married, a $1 to $5 fee will be applied for every year searched. You will still be required to pay the fee even if the county clerk doesn't find your record.
A great tip is to order about three copies of your certificate. You'll not only save money, but you'll also save your time and a return trip to the county clerk.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Multnomah County?
Once you've completed the payment, you will receive your Multnomah County marriage certificate in 2 working days.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a City of a Marriage Certificate in Multnomah County?
To obtain a copy of your Multnomah County marriage certificate, you would need to carry a copy of some documents such as identification and your partner's. The identification can be a state ID, driver's license, or passport.
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Multnomah on Your Own?
There are two ways to get a copy of your Multnomah County marriage certificate:
|You need to download and fill out the Certified Copy Request Form and mail it to 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd #175 Portland, OR 97214. The county only accepts checks when making payments via mail.|
|In-Person||Visit the Multnomah Building to make your payment in person. You can pay with debit, cash, credit, or checks. The checks are payable to the Multnomah County Recorder, and a 2% convenience charge is applied for all credit and debit card orders. Always call ahead to verify that your license has been received.|
As of now, there is no way to request a marriage certificate online in Multnomah County.
Get a Marriage Certificate in Multnomah County Instantly with The Help of DoNotPay
Getting a Multnomah County marriage certificate has been made easy with DoNotPay. DoNotPay ensures you don't spend hours trying to get a copy of your marriage certificate. You can obtain a copy of your certificate by following these steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across the Board
Aside from helping you get a copy of your Multnomah County marriage record, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Get a marriage certificate
- Apply for your marriage certificate online
- Fill out a marriage certificate
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay doesn't only ensure you get a copy of your Multnomah County marriage license. With DoNotPay, you can also:
Sign up for DoNotPay today to get started!