Stop Harassment From Moorcroft Debt Recovery Instantly
Moorcroft Debt Recovery is part of Moorcroft Group PLC that buys debts at a discount and makes a profit by following the debtors. The company collects debt on behalf of other lenders or buys off debts from lenders. If you receive a call from Moorcroft Debt Recovery, stay calm and request written debt validation. You can also send a debt validation request to the company before the expiry of 30 days after their first contact.
However, solving a Moorcroft Debt Recovery issue can be cumbersome. You have to draft formal letters outlining how you intend to pay the debt, as well as, respond to their calls within 30 days. Fortunately, you can get Moorcroft Debt Recovery simplified solutions with DoNotPay. DoNotPay helps you in deciding the best way to dispute a debt.
Who Is 0161 475 2889 Why Are They Calling Me?
If you are receiving calls from 0161 475 2889 or 0161 475 2827, you probably have an overdue debt. These numbers belong to Moorcroft Debt Recovery, a debt collection agency that buys debt at a discount from other companies and goes after the debtors. The debt collection agency could be calling to:
- Notify you that you have an outstanding debt that needs to be cleared
- Request you to validate a debt
- Inform you that they have taken over the collection of your debt
- Demand payment for the debt
- Or harass you and make you start making payments.
Although the law forbids debt collectors from making calls during working hours, Moorcroft Debt Recovery can use automatic calls to disturb during weekends. The point is to annoy you and make you pay the debt.
Usually, debt collectors have other means of enforcing payments, such as moving to the County Court or sending their bailiffs to your house. However, Moorcroft prefers calling debtors since it is effective, convenient, and less expensive. In case you fail to respond, they may move to the County Court or send their bailiffs to your doorstep.
Moorcroft Debt Recovery Contact Details
If you receive a call from Moorcroft, the best thing is to remain calm and respond to them by requesting a written communication. Use the contact details provided in the table below.
|Mailing Address||Po Box 17, 2 Spring Gardens, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 4AJ|
|Phone||0330 123 9765|
Is Moorcroft Debt Recovery Legitimate?
Moorcroft Debt Recovery is a legitimate debt collection agency registered by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What Happens if I Don't Pay My Debt to Moorcroft Debt Recovery
You may choose to ignore calls from a debt collection company. However, refusing to respond only complicates the matter. Whenever you receive a call from Moorcroft Debt Recovery, compose yourself and follow the procedure below:
- Request a written communication from the company
- Respond to their letter within 30 days and request a debt validation
- During the debt validation period, Moorcroft Debt Recovery should stop calling you.
- If the debt is validated, request a payment plan or clear the debt in one instalment
If you fail to respond, Moorcroft assumes the debt is valid and may either file litigation in the County Court or send their bailiffs to your home. If the lawsuit goes in favour of Moorcroft, the court may grant the company permission to confiscate items worth the value of the debt. Your credit score will also be tainted in the process.
Has Moorcroft Debt Recovery Violated My Rights?
Moorcroft Debt Recovery may violate your rights if:
- They show up at your workplace without your consent
- Call to harass you at your workplace
- Confiscate your property without a charging order
Alternative Ways to Resolve Complaints Against Moorcroft
Sometimes Moorcroft may continue calling you even after you have sent a debt validation letter. The company may also fail to respond to your debt validation for one reason or another. If you feel the company is acting unfairly, you can use alternative methods to resolve the contentious issues.
- Contact the company directly
- File a complaint at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Contact the Financial Ombudsman Service
- File litigation in the small claims court
Contact the Company Directly
If you feel you still have a chance to solve the issue with the company, you can contact them and use the company's alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. Use the address listed in the table provided above.
Financial Conduct Authority
The FCA can help you by compelling Moorcroft to follow its dispute resolution mechanisms or act within the confines of the law. You can send an email to the FCA.
Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service is a form of an alternative dispute mechanism that helps companies and their clients solve their disputes amicably. You can contact the Financial Ombudsman via email.
The Small Claims Court
If the matter is above £10,000, and you have exhausted all the alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, you can move to the small claims court.
How Long Can Debt Collectors Collect Debt From Me?
The UK uses the statute of limitation to determine the period that your debt remains active. If the debt goes past the sixth year, then the debt collector cannot follow you. Collection of the debt will be limited by the statute.
How to Make a Payment to Moorcroft Debt Recovery?
You can make online payments to your loan by visiting their website.
How to Get Debt Payment Assistance?
If you owe less than £30,000 and have little income to meet your obligation, you can apply for Debt Relief Orders. Once you receive the Debt Relief Orders:
- The debt collector cannot recover the debt without a court order
- You will be freed from the debt after 12 months.
Solve Moorcroft Debt Recovery Issues With DoNotPay!
Simplify your response to calls from Moorcroft Debt Recovery with DoNotPay. The DoNotPay platform provides you with the best course of action and reduces your paperwork by condensing the process into three steps. If you wish to solve any issue with Moorcroft Debt Recovery, follow the steps below;
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.