How to Get a Montgomery County Pet License With DoNotPay
As a pet owner, you spend plenty of time making sure they are healthy and safe. You walk them daily, feed them nutritious food and take them to the vet when something seems off. However, many pet owners forget or ignore something vital - licensing their pets. A Montgomery county pet license is yet another way to make sure your pet is protected. If you've been putting off licensing your pet because you think it's too complicated and tedious, DoNotPay can help.
How to License a Pet in Montgomery County
For Montgomery County residents, there are three different ways to obtain a pet license.
- By mail: To obtain a license by mail, please print and complete pet license application forms. The application must include a copy of your pet's rabies certificate and method of payment. Once your application has been received and processed, you will receive your Montgomery County pet license by mail in approximately two weeks.
- In-person: In-person pet licensing is by appointment only. You must bring a copy of your rabies certificate and leave your pets at home.
- Online: You can apply for a Montgomery County pet license online. You need to provide a digital copy of your pet's rabies certificate and credit card. Once you complete the online forms, you will receive your license by mail in approximately two weeks.
If you have received a notice to comply from an Animal Services Officer, you must go in person with your notice to the shelter to obtain your pet license.
How Much Does it Cost to License a Pet in Montgomery County?
Licensing for service dogs is free. If your pet isn't altered (spayed or neutered) and is over one year old, you need to license your pet to the end of the current rabies vaccination - up to three years. If rabies vaccination expires in:
- 2 to 12 months, the license fee is $25
- 13 to 24 months, the license fee is $50
- 25 to 36 months, the license fee is $75
If your pet is altered, you must provide a spray or neuter certificate. A regular license costs the following:
- 1 year is $12
- 2 years is $24
- Extended license (3 years) is $32 - you need to provide a 3-year rabies vaccination certificate
You can also apply for a reduced fee license (for altered pets only). However, this license is only available for public assistance recipients only, and you'll need to provide proof.
- 1 year is $6
- 2 years is $12
- 3 years is $16 (you must provide a recent 3-year rabies vaccination certificate
If your pet is under one year old, altered or not, you can apply for a one-year license. There's no charge for this license, but the rabies vaccination certificate must indicate that the pet is under one year of age.
Why You Need to Register Your Pet in Montgomery County
Here are four reasons why you should license your pet in Montgomery County:
|It's the law||By law, dogs and cats over 4 months of age must wear current pet license tags in Montgomery County. The pet license must be renewed each year and be displayed on them at all times. These laws apply even if your pet is confined to private property. You could be asked to show your dog's license while you're out for a walk, and if you don't have one, you're looking at a decent-sized fine – the fine for an unlicensed pet in Montgomery County is $100. The cost of the pet license is far less than the penalty for being caught without one.|
|Proves your dog is properly vaccinated||Licensing lets people know that your dog is up to date on its rabies vaccinations – a dog cannot be licensed unless properly vaccinated. Knowing your dog has a license makes it easier for the staff at a grooming salon or boarding facility to be assured your dog is healthy. Animal Control or a Good Samaritan will also be much more likely to handle and care for your missing pup if they know that it is healthy and without rabies.|
|Helps you get reunited with your pet||Your dog has a better chance of being returned home if lost. A license tag helps animal control and shelters quickly identify your pet and safely get them back to you. If your pet is found wandering the streets, a rescue organization can easily look it up via its license identifying number and ensure it's returned to you safely.|
|License fees provide important funding for animal shelters||License fees support the efforts of many local animal shelters. Typically, the annual fee that you pay to license your dog helps to keep shelters running and supports the work of your local animal control. Licensing fees also fund important municipal programs, such as municipal pet rescue shelters, pet adoption programs, public education programs, and the database that allows pets to be reunited with their owners, as well as track vaccination records. That's a lot of services for a few dollars a year, and it all helps to make your community more animal-friendly.|
Here's How You Can Save Time Getting Your Pet License in Montgomery County Using DoNotPay
If you want to save time renewing or registering your pet license in Montgomery County using DoNotPay and don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in six easy steps:
- Go to the Pet Licenses product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the county or city you are looking to register your pet in.
- Tell us more about your pet, including the breed, gender, whether they are spayed/neutered, approximate age, and more.
- Upload evidence documents that prove that your pet has been spayed/neutered (if applicable) and a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate.
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
- Complete your application by paying the license processing fee, so we can file the application on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
Apart from helping get a pet license in Montgomery County, DoNotPay can also help you:
- Get a tourist visa
- Get airline flight compensation
- Get a pet license in Houston and California
- Get consent for your child to travel
- Find lost items
- Request sick leave
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Pet License in Montgomery County?
Using DoNotPay's pet license product to renew or register your Montgomery County pet license is the most effective and efficient way to license your pet. DoNotPay can help you file your request from the comfort of your home. All you have to do is answer a few questions about your pet and leave the rest to us. We'll update you with confirmation and a license number once the application is complete. Why wait? Let DoNotPay help you get your Montgomery County pet license today!