DoNotPay Tells You All About the Montgomery County Divorce Forms
Getting lost in all the paperwork when filing for divorce is nothing unordinary. The process can get complicated, especially if you aren’t familiarized with it. Don’t worry, though—DoNotPay is here to make your life easier!
We’ll present all the Montgomery County divorce forms you need, tell you where to get them, and explain how to file them hassle-free.
- A limited divorce—This is a legal recognition that the spouses are separated but still married. In limited divorce cases, the court can issue orders regarding alimony, child support, and parenting time but cannot determine or divide marital property. This type of divorce can be terminated by spouses or converted into an absolute divorce
- An absolute divorce—This divorce type is permanent and final. Once the decree is issued by the judge, both spouses can remarry
To end your marriage in Montgomery County, you will first need to have grounds (reasons) for divorce. See the table below for details:
|No-Fault Grounds||Fault-Based Grounds|
|Maryland recognizes no-fault divorces, which means that neither spouse has to take the blame for the dissolution of marriage.
A no-fault divorce is generally easier as you and your spouse can file for a mutual consent divorce
|A fault-based divorce is more complicated as it requires you to provide proof of:
If you can’t reach a compromise with your spouse, try divorce mediation. It’s a process that helps couples come to an agreement on the terms of their divorce.
Once you agree on these issues with your spouse, you will need to:
- Complete the necessary forms
- Serve your spouse
- Sign the papers
- File the papers
- Attend the hearing
All the necessary divorce forms are available at the Circuit Court Family Department or Maryland Judiciary website. You will need to complete a:
- Civil-Domestic Case Information Report
- Complaint for Absolute Divorce
You will also need to create a marital settlement agreement. This is a crucial document that needs to be signed by both parties. It addresses all divorce-related aspects, such as alimony and property distribution. If you don’t want to risk making a mistake while writing the agreement on your own, you can hire a lawyer. Their fees are usually sky-high, but there are alternatives.
To get a professionally drafted divorce settlement agreement that won’t break the bank, use DoNotPay. We’ll create this document for you in no time and without leaving you penniless.
Once you complete the necessary forms, you will need to serve the papers to your spouse. If you are in full agreement about your divorce with them, the serving will only be a formality. In such cases, the served spouse can file a Complaint and an Answer with you.
Before filing, you will need to print three copies of the papers. One will go to the court, one to your spouse, and the last one is for you to keep. After you’ve copied the forms, file them with the Family Department window (room S-1 460).
Keep in mind that you will have to pay $165.00 to the court clerk for the filing.
After you’ve filed the papers, you will need to attend the hearing within 45 days.
Subscribe DoNotPay if you want a divorce settlement agreement that will:
- Comply with all the state laws
- Be customized according to your needs
- Not cost a fortune
- Ensure you get divorced on fair terms
We will draft this important document for you in no time, and all you have to do is:
- Sign in to DoNotPay from your preferred browser
- Select our Divorce Settlement Agreement product
- Answer our chatbot’s simple questions
- Choose whether you want to get your document notarized online
Once we process your request, we will send you a tailor-made divorce settlement agreement. Opted for online notarization? Follow the link we send you via email and book an appointment with an online notary.
Need more help with divorces? Consult DoNotPay’s learning center:
- Can you get divorced online?
- What is an out-of-court settlement?
- How much does a divorce cost?
- Do you need a lawyer if you agree on everything?
- Can you get divorced without going to court?
Hiring a lawyer to help you sue a company can be helpful, but it can also cost you an arm and a leg. Luckily, you can avoid wasting hundreds of dollars and use our robot lawyer to sue any company in small claims court instead!
DoNotPay offers you a variety of other features you will find quite useful when dealing with bureaucratic issues. Check out the list below to see what else our app can help you with:
- Creating standardized legal documents
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Applying for a college fee waiver
- Finding an online notary
- Lowering property taxes
- Filing for crime victim compensation
- Creating a child travel consent form
Whoever said you should shop until you drop didn’t have access to DoNotPay’s various features. With our app, you can make your shopping experience smooth sailing and stress-free!
Here’s a fragment of what you can accomplish by using our neat features:
- Reach customer support in a snap
- Get a refund easily
- File a missing or damaged parcel claim
- Request an item return
- Get cash back from your used gift cards
- Cancel any subscription with ease
- Sign up for free trials
- Claim warranties