The Foolproof Way to Connect With Montana State Prison Inmates
Montana's Department of Corrections operates the State of Montana prison system. Supervising over 15,000 offenders, the department manages over 21 facilities with 1,300 employees, including Montana State Prison. As the system strives to prepare inmates for successful reentry into society, its commitment "is to provide evidence-based programming in all aspects of our work as we move toward our goal of reducing recidivism and disrupting the cycle of incarceration."
The department provides services ranging from transitional assistance and evidence-based programs to rental vouchers.
Yet contacting and locating friends and loved ones who are incarcerated tends to be a complex and challenging task - DoNotPay offers a quick, simple way to handle the details for you.
How Do I Find Out What Facilities the Department of Corrections Operates?
Montana manages prison facilities at various locations around the state. Some are state-owned, while others are contracted to service providers for operation, and each is tailored to house either male or female inmates of varying custody levels.
- To view a facility list, visit the Department of Corrections Facilities page
- Click on any listed location for additional details specific to that site
How Do I Reach the Montana State Prison System?
You may visit the Montana Department of Corrections main office, or contact them in other ways:
|Physical Address||Montana State Prison
5 S. Last Chance Gulch
P.O. Box 201301 Helena, MT 59620-1301
Can I Send a Letter or Package to a Montana State Prison Inmate?
You may send letters and limited types of items to an offender, but all mail is subject to detailed rules. Most inmates are allowed to receive books, magazines, and newspaper subscriptions from approved vendors like Amazon.
To send mail to an inmate at Montana State Prison, use this address:
Montana State Prison
700 Conley Lake Road
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. DoNotPay's write a prisoner tool allows you to compose letters online. We will handle all the printing, stationery, and shipping for you.
- Prison Pen Pals. We can get you in touch with a random prisoner to become Pen Pals. Inmate Visitation. We know all the ins and outs of Montana’s visitation rules. If you have any problems visiting your loved one, DoNotPay can help.
- Address a Letter. It’s vital that you address all mail correctly to ensure your loved one receives your letter. If you need help addressing a letter to an inmate, we can help.
Are There Other Ways I Can Stay in Touch?
You may connect with offenders via:
- Phone calls
- Video visitation
- In-person visitation
For additional information, visit the department's Friend and Family page.
You can visit your friend or loved one at Montana State Prison on Saturdays and Sundays. Minors are only allowed to visit on Saturdays. Visitation is 2:15 pm - 4:50 pm.
LHU-I inmates are allowed visits on Fridays and Sundays from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm.
Is There an Easier Way to Stay in Touch With Montana Inmates?
Connecting with inmates in Montana State Prison can be challenging and time-consuming. There is not a lot of information available online which makes getting in contact with an inmate at Montana State prison very frustrating and overwhelming. A handy alternative is DoNotPay. Our product can simplify the entire process, and we are confident you will find it to be:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to navigate the outdated prison websites to find information.
- Easy—Everything is done online. No more dealing with pens, paper, stamps, etc.
- Successful—DoNotPay ensures that your letter will be approved and that it will get to your loved one in their correct location, even if the inmate has been moved.
Use DoNotPay to Locate or Reach Out to an Imprisoned Friend or Loved One
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can give you an easy, automated way to help with a wide list of problems. We offer many additional products to help simplify your life, including (but not limited to):
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
Our products can supply you with easy, automated ways to deal with the difficulties of connecting with inmates, and they can certainly help with other tedious and annoying tasks we encounter in life. Let us help!