How to Get Your Montana Birth Certificate Without Stressing Out
Sometimes a photo ID isn't enough to confirm your identity and you will be required to present an authorized or certified Montana birth certificate. But what if you don't have one on hand?
When you need a copy of your Montana birth certificate, it is good to know where and how to get one. You also need to understand how long the process takes and the requirements you need to prepare for your application. These are just a few of the issues you will face when you need to get a birth certificate for your newborn or to replace a lost one.
This guide aims to give you answers and show you the best way to get a Montana birth certificate without the hassle.
What Are the Documents I Need in Applying for a Birth Certificate?
When you apply for a birth certificate, you must provide a couple of government-issued photo IDs as your primary form of identification.
You can present two of any of the following:
- Montana Driver's License
- Montana State ID Card
- Military ID Card
- Tribal Identification
If you don't have any of the above photo IDs, you can present two of the following from this list, one of which should bear a signature:
- Social Security Card
- Employee ID Card
- Car Registration/Insurance
- Doctor/Medical Report
- Fishing License
- US Military DD214
- Voter ID Card
- Utility Bill Showing Current Address
- Credit/Debit Card
- School ID Card
- Library Card
- Pay Stub
- Court Record
- Traffic/Pawn Ticket
You may also present either of the following when applying for a birth certificate:
- Notarized Montana Office of Vital Statistics Statement to Identify Certified Birth or Death Certificate Applicant Form (You must provide the original letter, not a copy or fax of the original)
- Have an Authorized Family Member With Correct ID Purchase the Certificate on Your Behalf
How Much Does a Birth Certificate Copy Cost?
States are required to keep a vital record directory where you can obtain your birth certificate. When you attempt to obtain this certificate, you must first find the proper entity that has the documents you are looking for. Here is where you can request a copy of your Montana birth certificate as well as corresponding fees:
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Montana Vital Records - DPHHS||P.O. Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604
|First Copy: $12.00
Additional Copies: $12.00
How Long Does it Take to Get a Montana Birth Certificate?
After you secure all the correct documents for your Montana birth certificate, be prepared for a bit of a wait. Even though you can use the Montana DPHHS (Department of Public Health and Human Services) website to start the application process, the actual birth certificate is produced through a third-party service, Vitalchek. This carries additional charges and since they mail your Montana birth certificate it can take up to three weeks for the actual delivery of your document.
How Can I Avoid Additional Charges?
If you want to avoid those additional charges for your Montana birth certificate you can do so by applying directly to the Montana DPHHS office. This is a time-consuming and frustrating process that is topped off by at least a three-week wait for your mail delivery and depending on the office's actual workload, may take even longer.
Save time, save money, and use a better way to get your Montana birth certificate.
How to Use DoNotPay to Get Your Montana Birth Certificate
Using DoNotPay to get your Montana birth certificate is the fastest, easiest way to accomplish this task. DoNotPay was designed to level the playing field and make things like securing your Montana birth certificate as simple as filling out an online survey.
Look at how simple this process can be when you use DoNotPay:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay lets you spend your time on more important things other than chasing down your Montana birth certificate.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay?
Besides saving you time from extra trips to the post office, and saving you money for expedited services that may or may not happen, DoNotPay comes highly recommended by several business agencies and their number of resolved birth certificate issues continues to impress.
Here are three reasons to choose DoNotPay for your Montana birth certificate:
- DoNotPay is FAST! With a few clicks, the DoNotPay bot will be working on your behalf to secure your Montana birth certificate!
- DoNotPay is EASY! With DoNotPay your Montana birth certificate will be on its way to you after a quick question and answer session!
- DoNotPay is SUCCESSFUL! Our number of resolved birth certificate issues climbs every day, and yours could be our next success story!
DoNotPay is your all-inclusive, one-stop-shop for obtaining your Montana birth certificate with ease.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for Me?
DoNotPay is your 'go-to' information hub regarding any issues you may have with any legal documents. Learning about birth certificates, where to get birth certificates, and how to get your birth certificates are just a few examples of what DoNotPay can do for you.
Go to the DoNotPay website to see how simple getting your Montana birth certificate can be.