How To Comply With Mississippi Home School Laws—DoNotPay Has the Answers!
Homeschooling your child is a great way to ensure they get the education you want them to have.
DoNotPay shows you the ins and outs of the Mississippi home school laws you need to comply with so that homeschooling in the Magnolia State is easy!
Mississippi does not stipulate a particular range of subjects that need to be taught, so the choice of curriculum is entirely up to you. You can also determine your own assessment, progress measurement, and graduation criteria—your child doesn’t have to take any standardized tests or be evaluated by an independent assessor. There is also no set number of school hours your child has to attend.
It is a good idea to maintain an annual homeschool portfolio, though. This will provide a record of:
- What you have taught in each subject
- The awards your child has received
- Sequential progress from grade to grade
This can be of use if and when you want to:
- Re-enroll your child in the public school system
- Apply for tertiary education for your child
One of the most difficult aspects of homeschooling is transforming yourself from a parent into a teacher.
Although Mississippi does not prescribe the subjects you teach, you should make sure that your homeschool student gets the basics of:
- English reading, writing, spelling, speaking, and composition
- History, including that of the state, the U.S., and the world
- Civics, government, and social studies
- Physical education
Having decided what to teach, you can start working out how to teach it—your options are:
If you feel confident in your ability as a teacher, you can design your own curriculum.
This gives you the freedom to take account of your child’s preferred learning style and incorporate a mix of educational approaches, such as:
- Traditional, classroom-based teaching
- Project-based education
- Literature-based learning
- Active learning
- Nature-based teaching
- Charlotte Mason method
Whichever you choose, your decision should result in you being able to:
- Cover the appropriate topics for your child’s grade
- Keep your child motivated and eager to learn
- See steady educational progress
As a newbie in homeschooling, you may feel more comfortable buying a curriculum package that includes everything you need to teach your child.
While you are often limited to a single teaching approach with pre-packaged curriculums, you can benefit from the convenience they offer.
You can also get specialized curriculums tailored to any special needs or wishes you have, such as:
Cost may play a role in your decision, but you should concentrate on making sure that your child’s needs and preferences are catered for.
Before you get started with homeschooling your child, you have to make sure you have complied with the Mississippi notification requirements.
This means telling your school district in advance that you intend to remove your child from school. You can do this at any time in the year, but you should give at least 15 days’ notice of your intention.
Your letter of intent needs to contain the following information:
- Your child’s name, address, and school grade
- Your contact details
- A description of the curriculum you intend to teach
Getting your letter wrong, leaving out any details, or missing the deadline can result in your homeschooling plans being derailed, but DoNotPay has a solution.
We can create your letter of intent for you and even make sure it is sent to your school district on your behalf!
Mississippi homeschool laws may be relatively simple, but you shouldn’t have to bother with admin tasks!
Our Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature gives you a correctly formatted and comprehensive letter of intent, ensuring nothing stands in the way of your homeschooling journey.
Here’s how it works:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay in your web browser
- Search for our Notice of Intent to Homeschool product
- Give us the details your school district needs
Your letter will be ready to print or have sent in a flash—you can get yourself ready for your homeschooling fun to begin!
Do you believe you may have some missing assets? Use DoNotPay’s nifty product before the government claims them! Have you ever wanted to enter sweepstakes without purchasing anything? Our app will sign you up for them instantly! Trying to figure out how to reduce your property taxes or utility bills? DoNotPay can show you the way. Want to avoid getting charged for free trials that never fail to auto-renew into paid subscriptions? We’ll help you cancel them before they expire.
Anything else you may need? Check out how our app can:
- Create legal documents, including marital settlement agreements and powers of attorney
- Jump the phone queue when reaching out to customer service
- Discover and apply you for no-essay scholarships
- Help you apply for any clinical trial hassle-free
- Help you contact government representatives
- File an item return request in your stead
- Draft a notice of intent to homeschool
- Get you a chargeback or refund
- Appeal any banned account
It doesn’t stop there—DoNotPay can help you send a defamation demand letter, create passport photos, get gift card cash back, get any document notarized, request access to public records, claim insurance and warranty, request a college application fee waiver, appeal parking tickets, and much more.
Sign up now to get access to any of our products for one low monthly fee!