Have You Lost Your Pet? You're Not Alone.
Over 10 million people have their pets lost or stolen in the United States every year, and less than 23% of those pets are ever reunited with their owners. Most people have an emotional bond with their precious pet, and most pets feel the same way about their owners. The worst part about losing a pet is that the owner often doesn't get any kind of closure for the loss. So, what can you do to find your missing pets?
DoNotPay is the easiest way to find your missing pet or at least get the word out there about it. You can file an official missing pet report through them and not have to contact your local government yourself. You'll want to make sure to get around to it before it's too late, and DoNotPay will happily help you with doing so.
What to Do if You Lose Your Pet
- If you've lost a pet, the best thing to do is report it immediately. Local animal shelters must know which pets they need to return to their owners, and others need to know which animals to look for out on the street. However, you may want to look inside your house and the surrounding area before making a report. Some cats or dogs may be scared by house guests or unexpected noises and silently hide somewhere until they believe it's safe to come out. Your animal may have even gotten stuck somewhere inside. You don't need to immediately assume they've been lost, stolen, or killed by another animal.
- It's also a good idea to get your pet microchipped before it even has the chance to go missing. This is a common process when an animal is spayed or neutered at the vet.
How to Find Your Missing Pet on Your Own
It's not as simple as you may wish it were. Your pet likely won't be found immediately, and it probably won't be found by you unless you've scoured the neighborhood and city for your dog all week.
To help find your missing pet, you should:
|File a report||You'll want to file a missing pet report with your local government. They should have a directory of missing pets, and they'll be in contact with local animal shelters that will help you reunite with your precious fur baby.|
|Ask around your neighborhood||Your neighbors might have recently seen your pet, but didn't know you had been looking for it. They could give you some insight on where to look next.|
|Put up flyers around your neighborhood and town.||Get the word out there about your animal. Make sure to include a picture, the breed, coloring, weight, and other defining characteristics of your pet. Don't forget to include contact information as well.|
|Go to local animal shelters and ask if they've found your pet.||They may not always get in contact with you right away about finding your missing pet, so be sure to ask some of the local shelters. Bring a picture with you, and they may let you take a look at recently found animals to see if yours is there too.|
Although none of these will ensure you'll find your missing pet, they help you out. Contacting your government can be a bit of a hassle though, especially if you're unfamiliar with how things work. Don't worry though; there is an easier way to do things.
Report Your Lost Pet With the Help of DoNotPay
If you don't want to take the time to do it yourself, let DoNotPay report your lost pet for you. It can be a bit frustrating to try getting in contact with the right people in your local government, but DoNotPay can easily get the process done, so you can focus on fliers and search efforts.
Here are how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf, and make sure your lost or found pet gets recorded in the government directory, and they know who to contact if they find a match!
Why Use DoNotPay to Report Your Missing Pet
DoNotPay knows exactly who to contact for you to get your pet reported as missing. You won't have to spend all that time getting passed between government phone operators to get in touch with the right official.
- Fast - You don't have to spend hours or days trying to get your pet reported missing
- Easy - You won't have to fill out any tedious forms or get put on hold over and over
- Successful - You can rest assured knowing we'll get your pet reported missing right away
More DoNotPay Products for Your Pet
DoNotPay doesn't just help you report missing animals, but it can also:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do almost anything and solve any issue for you. There won't be any hard work on your part, and the site is full of the wonderful information you may need too. Aside from helping find your lost dog or cat, DoNotPay can also help you get airline flight compensation, find missing money, and tell you how to cancel various subscriptions or services. Don't miss out on your chance to have an amazing service by your side.