Do You Have a Missing Dog? DoNotPay Can Help You Find Them!
It's a horrible feeling when you realize that your dog or cat ran away. They're your best friend, and you can't find them. Whether they jumped over the backyard fence or slipped out of their harness, the idea of them being lost is heart-wrenching.
You'll need to report your missing dog to get others to help you look and increase the chances of getting them home quickly. How do you do that? You can try filing a report on your own, but you'll find it so much easier to do with the help of DoNotPay.
What to Do If You Lose Your Pet
When you have a missing dog, it can be hard to focus on the things you need to do to get them home. Here are some things to concentrate on:
- Post your pet's photo to your social media accounts and ask others to look out for them
- Contact your local animal shelter and file a report
- Enlist someone to stay at your home while you go search in case your pet comes back
- Use the DoNotPay app to file a missing dog report
- Start your search in your neighborhood or place you last saw your pet
Do Lost Dogs Usually Get Found?
In over 90 percent of cases, a missing dog gets found and returned to their family. The first 24 hours are critical as your chances of finding your dog begin to diminish after that. Also, the majority of missing dogs are found in their own neighborhoods, which is why you need to start your search there.
The Lost Pet Research shows the likelihood of finding your pet according to the method you are looking for them:
|Found in Animal Agency/Shelter||34.8%|
|Found Due to License or ID Tag||25.5%|
It shows that you have a bigger chance of finding your dog by reporting them to the local animal control or shelter.
Report Your Lost Pet to Local Animal Control or Animal Shelter
One of the first steps you need to take to find a missing dog is to report it to your local animal shelter or animal control department. Many missing dogs end up at the local shelter, and if the shelter already has your dog's information, they can call you immediately if your pup ends up there.
How to Avoid Losing a Pet
You always want to do whatever you can to avoid losing your pet, so you don't need to file a report on a missing dog. You can start with these tips:
- Check your pet's collar and harness to make sure they fit properly
- When you take your dog outside, stay with them
- Take the time to securely close all gates and doors
- Talk to your vet about a microchip
How to Report a Missing Dog By Yourself
You know you need to report your missing dog, and you might want to try it by yourself. Start by finding the contact information for the animal shelter in your area. They might want you to come into their location to fill out a report. You can also check local Facebook groups to see if there are any missing dogs in your area.
Solve the Challenges of Finding a Missing Dog With the Help of DoNotPay
When you have a missing dog, you don't feel better until they're safely back at home. Quick action is key to making sure that you get your furry friend back home, and this means filing a report on your missing pup. You might find it hard to file a report by yourself because you're upset that your dog is missing. DoNotPay can make it easy.
Find below how you can use DoNotPay to report lost and found pets:
- Search "lost and found pets" on DoNotPay, and select whether you're reporting a lost pet or a pet you've found.
- Enter the date and location you lost or found the pet and tell us more about them, including the breed, gender, whether they are wearing a collar, approximate size, and more.
- Upload evidence a photo of the pet, so they can be identified, and enter your current contact information where you can be reached with updates.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file the report on your behalf, and make sure your lost or found pet gets recorded in the government directory, and they know who to contact if they find a match!
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Challenges Finding a Missing Dog
Do you have a missing dog? Do you need to file a report? DoNotPay is your best option, and here are a few reasons why:
- It's fast- You don’t have to spend too much time contacting different government agencies and shelters one by one.
- It's successful- we can get your dog’s information in the database immediately and have a better chance to find your family.
- It's easy- You don’t have to fill up tedious forms over and over again. All you need is to provide us with the information and we’ll take care of it.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
When it comes to lost pets, DoNotPay can offer you so much more advice along with helping you with a missing dog. Here are a few topics to consider:
- How to find a lost cat
- What to do when you've lost a pet
- How to find a lost dog
- How to report a lost dog
- What to do when your cat ran away
More DoNotPay Products for Your Pets
If you're a pet parent or animal lover, you know that there's so much more to pet ownership than feeding and petting them. DoNotPay can help you be a better pet parent in many ways, including:
- Report Animal Abuse
- Pet Custody Agreement
- Pet Licenses
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you find a missing dog isn't the only thing that DoNotPay has to offer. Here are a few things to check out:
And so much more!
Go ahead and file a report for a missing dog with DoNotPay now.