All You Need To Know About Military Spouse Scholarships
Many scholarships exist to reduce the educational costs of active and retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces as a way to thank them for their service. Do military spouses enjoy the same treatment, though?
Check the following table to learn about resources that can help you find scholarships for military spouses:
|Government organizations||The Veterans Benefits Administration|
|Branch aid societies||
|Spouse clubs||Some of these clubs offer annual scholarships to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their spouses and dependents demonstrating financial need. Sometimes, you don’t even need to be a member to be eligible. Check where your local spouse club is located and get in touch|
|Online search tools||You can’t search for scholarships for military spouses explicitly, but you can search for scholarships for active-duty military members and veterans, which often award dependents and spouses as well|
Check out the table below to learn more about available scholarships for military spouses:
|Military spouse nursing scholarships||The Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship|
|Scholarships for military spouses in graduate school||
The application requirements for military spouse scholarships depend on the award you’re applying for.
The My Career Advancement Account is a workforce development program specially designed for women who are spouses of active or retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces. Thanks to this program, military spouses can start college or continue where they left off. The MyCAA Scholarship requires a unique application process because you’re not only applying for financial aid, but you’re also choosing your school, major, and courses.
To apply for MyCAA:
- Create a MyCAA account
- Explore the available career paths
- Pick a school and degree or certificate that works for you
- Make an Education Training Plan (ETP) that contains all of your potential courses. Keep in mind that once you make that plan, you cannot change it in the future, so make sure to double-check it
- Contact the admissions advisor of your chosen school. They will walk you through the final steps of the application process
- Submit your application for MyCAA financial aid
Besides scholarships that are explicitly for military spouses and dependents, a smart move would be to consider regular scholarships as well. That way, you ensure the most financial relief possible while seeking your degree. If you opt for a scholarship or grant from a federal or private donor, you might need to submit the following documentation:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or any of the available applications for state financial aid, for example:
- California Dream Act Application (CADAA)
- Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile
- A resume
- A scholarship essay or personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- High school or college transcripts
- Proof of residency
No-essay scholarships are an excellent option for military spouses as they work like a raffle and usually don’t require much work around the application process. Some scholarships require additional documentation or a student portfolio, but the requirements for most of them typically entail entering your basic personal information, such as:
- Your full name
- The name of your school
- Your state of residence
Submitting tens of applications like that every day while also being a full-time military spouse can be exhausting, but it doesn’t have to be! If you subscribe to DoNotPay, our app will complete those repeating forms for you! While the app works in the background, you can focus on submitting more challenging applications and maximize your chances of getting extra financial aid!
Affording higher education in the United States is already challenging, and being a military spouse makes it no easier. The situation becomes more complicated if you’re a mother or a caregiver. That’s why DoNotPay offers a way to search for scholarships more quickly and efficiently!
To get started:
- Access DoNotPay
- Enter Apply for Scholarships in the search bar
- Answer a few brief questions about your qualifications
After completing all steps, you will get a list of all scholarships you’re eligible for so that you can:
- Learn about each scholarship’s requirements
- Compare awards
- Choose the scholarships that work for you
If you’re on a tight schedule and you can’t afford to spend hours running errands, DoNotPay steps in with a perfect solution! You can skip going to the post office to request an item return or visiting a notary public to get your documents notarized—Our app will help you get it all done without going anywhere!
Visiting your local Walmart to have your passport photo taken is unnecessary since DoNotPay can help you get it at home!
Consult the list below to see what other tasks you can complete using our app:
- Send letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Request gift card cash back
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Simplify mailing services
Companies tend to keep charging their clients monthly subscription fees automatically if they don’t end their subscriptions. Stop wasting money on forgotten memberships—DoNotPay will show you how to terminate your subscription in a few clicks!