How to Find the Best Military School for Kids
Parents want the best for their children, and finding the right school can be one of the best ways to shape your kids into upstanding and well-rounded individuals. Unfortunately, the whole process of finding schools for your kids can be overwhelming and frustrating, especially if you're trying to find the best military school for kids on your own. Many parents in this situation spend hours scouring the internet to find the best schools, and they may even travel long distances to meet with school administrators.
The good news is that it has never been easier to find a quality military school thanks to DoNotPay's search tool. This helpful function allows parents like you to find quality schools in your desired region in as little as a few minutes with just a few clicks on your computer or taps on your smartphone! Read on to learn more about how DoNotPay can help you get started below.
What Is a Military School?
Military schools, generally speaking, are institutions that educate and train children using the same models as military colleges in the United States. These schools focus on discipline, scholarship, and forming bonds with other students, and many are designed to prepare children for life in the military. Some military schools are day schools, or even part of a public school system, while others are boarding schools, where students stay in dormitories.
Although many television shows and movies show parents threatening military schools as punishment for troubled or delinquent kids, parents send their children to military schools for a wide variety of reasons. If, for example, their child has aspirations to join the military and serve their country someday, sending their child to a military school may be a great option to improve their prospects.
What to Look for in a Military School?
When searching for a military school for your child, there are several factors you should consider. One way to narrow down your choices is to answer the following questions:
- Would your child do better in a boarding school or day school?
- Would you prefer a co-ed or single-gender school?
- Does your child require any special resources to foster learning?
- What sort of values do you want your children to learn at school?
These are just a few of the many questions you should ask yourself, but answering the above can give you a great start in your search for a military school.
How to Find a Military School for Your Child on Your Own
Finding a quality military school on your own can be a taxing and time-consuming process, but it is certainly possible. One logical approach is to follow these five steps:
- Create a spreadsheet or chart with several potential military schools for your child.
- List your preferences and requirements on the other axis.
- Visit each school's website or talk to a contact from each school to find whether each school on your list has the attributes you want or require.
- Place a check in the boxes of schools that have each trait and an X in the ones they lack
- Find the school that checks the most, or all, of the requirements you have listed
This method is systematic, but it still isn't a perfect solution.
What Are the Top Military Schools for Kids?
Below are the top five military schools for children in the United States:
|Camden Military Academy||Camden, South Carolina||$37,000||1:7|
|Fork Union Military Academy||Fork Union, Virginia||$37,900||Male only|
|Marine Military Academy||Harlingen, Texas||$35,000||1:11|
|Admiral Farragut Academy||Boca Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg, Florida.||$56,500||1:15|
|New York Military Academy||Cornwall, New York||$44,160||5:1|
Finding the Best Military Schools With DoNotPay
If you'd rather let someone else do the hard work of narrowing down your military school choices, try using DoNotPay! Just follow these four easy steps:
- Go to the Best Schools Search product on DoNotPay.
- Let us guide you through the different priorities you can filter by, including whether you're looking for a private school vs. public school, your ideal student-to-teacher ratio, and what grade level you are looking for.
- Tell us how you want us to rank the results (by what's most important to you!) Some examples include, best schools overall, most diverse, best teachers, etc.
- Enter the search area you want to search in for. The wider the area, the more schools we can match you with.
It's as simple as that. Now all you have to do is look at the schools you have been matched with and make a decision. Although trying to find a school for your child, military or otherwise, is always a stressful process, DoNotPay can at least make it take far less time.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer, and we harness the power of artificial intelligence to help you get more done. Besides helping you look for schools, we can also assist you with:
- Appealing banned accounts
- Deleting your Instagram account
- Connecting with an inmate
- Providing burner phones
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
In addition to helping you find the right military school for your children, DoNotPay can help you find other types of schools as well.
- Finding the best school for children with autism
- Finding a school for troubled youth
- Finding a school for your gifted child
- Finding a school for special needs children
If you have a long to-do list that leaves you feeling intimidated and overwhelmed, visit DoNotPay today to see how we can help you check many of them off!