How To Get A Copy Of Your Michigan Birth Certificate
A birth certificate is an important document that proves your identity. It shows that you were born, the date of your birth, and where you were born. Without it, you will not get many things like getting a passport, joining the military, getting a driver's license, etc.
Therefore, losing a birth certificate can adversely affect your life. The process of getting a copy of a birth certificate can be quite confusing and slow. The requirements may vary depending on what county the document was issued in and your age. Fortunately, with DoNotPay , the process is fairly easy. You can quickly get a copy of your Michigan birth certificate without spending too much time.
What Are the Different Types of Birth Certificates in Michigan?
The State of Michigan keeps two copies of birth records:
- An authorized copy of a birth certificate
- An informational copy of a birth certificate
An authorized copy of a birth certificate can be legally used for identification purposes. It contains a seal and the signature of the state registrar.
An informational copy can be given to you if you are authorized by law or have signed a form under penalty of perjury that you need it for medical, financial, or other personal reasons. It doesn't bear the seal and signature of a registrar.
As an authorized copy is a certified copy of the original birth certificate, you can use it to get a passport , social security card, driver 's license, etc. An informational copy can be used for genealogical purposes.
How to Get a Copy of Your Michigan Birth Certificate On Your Own
As a birth certificate is tangible, there are occasions when you can lose it, or it can be destroyed beyond recognition. Luckily, you can replace a lost birth certificate.
To get a copy of a Michigan birth certificate, you have to pay $34 and an additional $12 if you want expedited service. You will have to part with a further $16 for any additional copies.
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Michigan Department Of Health And Human Services||333 S. Grand Ave.
Lansing, MI 48909
|Alpena County Clerk||720 W Chisholm St
Alpena, MI 49707-2453
|Bay County Clerk (Kathleen Zanotti)||Kathleen Zanotti
515 Center Avenue, Ste. 101
Bay City, MI 48708-5122
|Berrien County Clerk||701 Main Street
Saint Joseph, MI 49085
|Cass County Clerk/Register||P.O. Box 355
Cassopolis, MI 49031
Possible Challenges With the Self-Application Process
The process of applying for a Michigan birth certificate copy is riddled with challenges. These include:
- The process of getting a replacement birth certificate is unnecessarily cumbersome and slow.
- The price of getting a copy of a Michigan birth certificate may vary with the county, making it difficult to estimate the actual fees needed.
- The process of applying for a copy of the Michigan birth certificate may vary with each county and you get different results depending on where you are.
- Additional fees and long wait times (though you can usually pay a fee for expedited processing).
How to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate Using DoNotPay
As seen, getting a copy of a Michigan birth certificate can be difficult. Fortunately, with DoNotPay, can help you get a copy of your birth certificate in a simple and hassle-free way. If you want to order/get a birth certificate copy in Michigan but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 8 easy steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license. Image: **
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Help You Get a Copy of Your Michigan Birth
DoNotPay is your online assistant in getting a copy of your Michigan birth certificate. If you urgently need to apply for your passport but you don't have your birth certificate, we will help you. The benefits of using our services include:
- We are fast. We guarantee that if you provide us with all the needed information, you will get your birth certificate copy on time.
- We are affordable. Compared to other online birth certificate services, we offer a cheap and affordable price for every request.
- DoNotPay is personalized. Unlike our competitors who process thousands of requests each day, DoNotPay only deals with one request at a time. We are dedicated to ensuring that your birth certificate copy is delivered to you as fast as possible.