Replace Your Miami Dade Marriage Certificate In Less Than 5 Minutes
Like your birth certificate, your is very important and needs to be kept in a secure location. If you have lost your marriage certificate, finding it or obtaining a new one can have you tearing out your hair!
DoNotPay helps you find options to quickly request and receive copies of your marriage certificate. When you need copies of your marriage certificate for a passport and other necessary documents, DoNotPay can help you obtain one easily.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
In Miami Dade, a marriage license is not the same as a marriage certificate. The marriage license is obtained before the wedding for the court to approve the union. The marriage certificate is a notarized legalized copy of your proof of marriage. Informative copies of your marriage certificate provide significant information but cannot be used legally (only decorative).
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Miami Dade?
Copies of a marriage certificate can be obtained by providing proof of relationship to the wed couple. Those who are able to request a copy are:
- The wed parties
- A parent or legal guardians
- A legally authorized representative of the court
- Attorney of the registered
- Child of the registered
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Miami Dade, FL?
You can request a copy of your marriage certificate in Miami Dade, Florida either by mail or in person through the state Department of Health’s Bureau of Vital Statistics.
Here are the costs:
|Certified Copy - First Copy||$9|
|Certified Copy - Additional Copies||$7 each|
|Search Fee||$2 per year and name
(if the year of marriage is not known)
All copies will be sent to the requester by mail. You can also order a copy online through VitalChek.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Miami Dade?
Once all fees are paid, the information found, and certified copies have been produced, the court of clerks will send the requested papers back by mail. Online and in-person requests will have a faster processing time, but requests to obtain your birth or marriage certificate placed by mail will take longer because of the shipping time.
How to Miami Dade Marriage Certificate on Your Own
Obtaining your certificate in person, online, or by mail will have you searching for a notary, paying them, and then standing in line at the clerk of courts or the post office. Skip the lines, extra fees, and missed work! DoNotPay has a faster, easier, and less costly way.
Get Your Miami Dade Marriage Certificate Instantly With DoNotPay
If you want to get a but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's it! All you have to do is wait for your certificate to come in the mail! Once you receive them you can provide them as proof and place them in a secure location. Places like fire-proof safes, and safety deposit boxes can provide excellent places to store important documents that can survive disasters.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
After DoNotPay helps you find your marriage certificate documents, places the order, and gets you the physical copies you need, you might want to see what else DoNotPay can do for you.
DoNotPay can help you request:
Other products that can save you time and money include:
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Create Passport Photos
- Defamation Demand Letters
- File a Complaint
- Free Raffle Tickets
- How to Cancel Services and Memberships
- Item Return Requests
DoNotPay helps you in any location to get you what you need!