Report an Animal Attack with Mesa County Animal Control Quickly

Animal Control Report an Animal Attack with Mesa County Animal Control Quickly

File Your Mesa County Animal Control Report with DoNotPay

Are you looking for Grand Junction animal control services? Look no further than Mesa County Animal Services. It enforces animal ordinances that protect Mesa County residents and pets. The Mesa County animal control also provides community education programs promoting responsible pet ownership.

Consider hiring a dog bite lawyer if you are suing for a dog bite or reporting a dog bite incident because doing it yourself is complex and time-consuming. Alternatively, you can use DoNotPay to report animal-related incidents or file demand letters hassle-free.

No matter which state your dog bite was in, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay operates in several states, including California, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Ohio. We also provide animal control assistance in Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Miami.

About Mesa County Animal Services 

Mesa County Animal Services aims to enforce animal ordinances protecting the safety and welfare of the county's residents and pets. In addition, it collaborates with animal welfare agencies to rehome pets and provide community education promoting safe animal control and responsible pet ownership.

The Mesa County animal control offers the following services:

  1. Animal law enforcement
  2. Animal adoptions
  3. Lost and found pet programs
  4. Answering frequently asked, animal-related queries
  5. Pet licensing and rehoming
  6. Following up on animal cruelty and neglect cases
  7. Offering information on veterinary partners
  8. Volunteer programs

Mesa County Animal Services Location, Hours, and Contact Details

The friendly staff at the Mesa County Animal Services is always happy and ready to serve you whenever you have concerns, suggestions, or questions about animal control. Grand Junction, CO, residents are advised to remain patient with the Animal Services' response times and customer care.

You can reach the Mesa County Animal Services via one of the following:

AddressPhysical: 971A Coffman Road Whitewater, CO 81527

Mailing: P.O. Box 20,000 Grand Junction,

CO 81502-5001

Phone Number(970) 242-4646 (Dispatch) or (970) 683-4355 (Admin

The Mesa County Animal Services operating hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every Monday to Friday (except for holidays).

The animal services hours are:

  • 11:00 a.m. to  4:00 p.m. weekdays
  • 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. weekends

The officer-on-duty hours are:

  • 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. weekdays
  • 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekends

What to Do After an Animal Bite or Injury in Mesa County

Animal bites, wounds, and injuries are painful and costly to treat. So what should you do after an animal bite in Mesa County? Animal control laws in the county are a public health concern and cover physical injury, permanent scarring, disfigurement, psychological trauma, and death.

Mesa County requires victims to report all cases of animal bites to its Animal Services and requires pet owners to provide annual rabies vaccination for pets. The animal services website also provides safety tips to avoid dog bites.

How to Report a Mesa County Animal Incident

If you have suffered an animal injury, you can do one of the two things:

  1. Contact the pet owner directly if you have their identity and information and request compensation for your injury. Use this option if you have suffered injuries requiring medical treatment because it is easier and quicker to receive compensation.
  2. You can also report the case to the Mesa County Animal Services or the police if you don't have the pet owner's identity and information, wish to seek punitive damages, or encounter a stray animal. The Animal Services will likely detain the animal, and the owner may face legal consequences. However, you won't get financial compensation.

Information to Include in Your Report

Keep the following details whether you are filing a demand letter requesting compensation from a pet owner or filing a report with Animal Services:

  • Incident details, including the location, date, and time of the incident
  • Injury details
  • Medical treatment information, including physician information and treatment costs
  • A description of the animal
  • Photo evidence to support and prove your statement
  • The pet owner's information, if available

How to Use DoNotPay to Report an Animal-Related Incident

Filing an incident report and demanding compensation from the owner can be a tiresome and lengthy process. A quicker and easier route is via DoNotPay. All you need to do is visit the DoNotPay website, provide the details below, and wait for feedback.

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


DoNotPay will then use your incident details to file a government report or demand letter on your behalf. Expect to hear back from them directly with confirmation or further questions regarding your demands.

Why Use DoNotPay to Solve Your Legal Issue

Below are three reasons to use DoNotPay to solve your Mesa County animal control problem:

  • The process is fast and automated, so your report will go through and get resolved faster than other methods.
  • It's an easy process that only requires filling out a few incident details, and DoNotPay does the rest for you.
  • It's a successful process that gets the job done without any added effort on your part.

DoNotPay can also:

Want your issue solved now?