Cat Food Recalls: Make a Claim in the Meow Mix Recall
Cats and dogs hail as the most loved pets in America and the world at large. If you're a big lover of the former, you might already be using one of the most popular brands in America: Meow Mix cat food from J.M. Smucker Co. to feed your cat. Nevertheless, with a recent surge of pet food recalls, you'd want to know whether there is a as well.
It's important to note that as a consumer, you're protected and fully eligible for free refunds, repairs, or replacements for any recalled product under the US Consumer Products Safety Act. So, is there a Meow Mix recall, and if yes, what is the cause? In either case, DoNotPay's Product Recall Monitor and Product Recall Claims can help.
Is There a Meow Mix Recall?
Yes. The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) and J.M. Smucker Co. released a joint statement on April 13, 2021, recalling two lots of Meow Mix Original Choice Dry Cat Food. The agency and the company stated the reason for the recall as " possible salmonella contamination. "
|Recalled Lot Numbers||U.S. State Where Recall Occurred|
|1081804 & 1082804||Nebraska|
|1081804 & 1082804||New Mexico|
|1081804 & 1082804||Missouri|
|1081804 & 1082804||Illinois|
|1081804 & 1082804||Oklahoma|
|1081804 & 1082804||Utah|
|1081804 & 1082804||Wyoming|
|1081804 & 1082804||Wisconsin|
Consumers who had already bought or fed their pets with the affected products were advised to .
The bacteria, Salmonella, can affect both animals and humans. While cats infected with Salmonella may show vomiting and diarrhea symptoms: loss of appetite, excess salivation or fever may indicate an infection. It's therefore wise to schedule an appointment with your vet if you see any of these symptoms or your cat has consumed the recalled products.
Furthermore, according to CDC, about 1.3 million Americans acquire Salmonella infection each year. Of this, approximately 26,500 end up in hospital while the bacteria knocks down about 420 annually.
Infection can emanate from handling pet food with Salmonella bacteria or pets that have already been in contact with the infected product. Washing hands after handling pets or pet food can help avoid infection. Besides, if you notice nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pains, or fever symptoms, it's advisable to see your healthcare provider.
How Can You Make a Claim in the Meow Mix Recall?
If you have concerns about the recalled Meow Mix product or any other product from the J.M. Smucker Co., you can reach the company via their contact page or call them on 888-569-6728 during the regular working hours from Monday through Friday.
Where Can I Report a Cat Food Issue?
It's crucial for you as a cat owner to report any pet food problems immediately after discovering them.
For perspective, an independent study conducted in 2015 involving eight pet food brands, including Meow Mix Tender Centers cat food, showed shocking results. The study found significant traces of mycotoxin mold contamination in most pet foods, a fungal toxin linked to weak immune systems, cancer, liver, and kidney issues in pets and humans.
You have three reporting options:
- Contact the product manufacturer, letting them know the issue with the pet food, including behavioral or health changes when you feed the product to your pet.
- File a complaint with the Department of Agriculture in your state. See your state's animal feed regulator.
- Report the issue to the Food and Drugs Administration.
While you're not guaranteed an immediate recall after you report your product, partnering with a company that already knows how to make a recall report more solid can make the difference--this is where DoNotPay comes in.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above!
Claim Meow Mix Recall or Any Product Refund, Repair, or Replacement Using DoNotPay
Do you want an easy, fast, and efficient way to claim your Meow Mix refund or replacement? DoNotPay has got you covered!
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
We deal with a variety of recalls besides Meow Mix, including:
- California recalls
- Metformin recall
- Peloton recall
- Hot pocket recall
- Sunscreen recall
- Tyson's chicken recall
Looking for something else? DoNotPay can help you tackle many of life's challenging questions and situations. Examples include:
- Get a burner phone
- File a complaint against any company or organization
- Create a power of attorney
- Settle your divorce like a pro!
For any other issue, check whether you can find it on our service page.