How To Reverse a Medical Bill Wrongfully Sent To Collections
When you get out of the hospital with a medical bill sent to collections, the repercussions can be felt immediately, and undoing the damage can be difficult. How can you remove a from your credit report?
We will guide you through getting a medical bill wrongfully sent to collections removed from your credit report as painlessly as possible, so you can move on with your life. We will also detail removing collections easily and conveniently using DoNotPay.
How To Remove a Medical Bill Wrongfully Sent To Collections From Your Credit Report
After a visit to the hospital, your life can be disorganized, and the last thing you need is a collection notice on your credit report. Even a can significantly impact your credit score, leading to difficulty getting a loan, mortgage, or credit card. You can dispute the medical bill collections as wrongful if less than 180 days have passed since you were billed. You can also dispute it if it was already paid for by your health insurance provider.
Gather Bills and Other Evidence
Any documented evidence of the billing date or evidence that the bill was paid will help you fight a wrongful debt collection. Request payment records from the medical facility and insurance company. You may also use canceled checks or credit statements that prove the bill was paid.
Contact the Credit Bureau to Dispute the Collections Notice
After gathering the evidence you need, review your credit reports for errors. Claim your free annual credit report from the three major bureaus
Find the medical bill collection notice that you believe is wrongful on each of the major credit reports. Contact each bureau that reported the wrongful medical collections notice to dispute the debt. The credit reporting bureaus are obligated to respond to disputes due to reporting errors under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The Federal Trade Commission enforces the Fair Credit Reporting Act and may be reached through
|Federal Trade Commission
|600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
Let DoNotPay Remove a Medical Bill Wrongfully Sent To Collections for You
If you are not successful in negotiating the removal of a wrongful medical bill collection notice from your credit report or just don't have the time, DoNotPay can help. DoNotPay's Clean Credit Report service uses professional techniques to generate a letter to get you the best results. We ask you a few simple questions from your web browser or mobile phone and send a letter to any of the credit reporting bureaus.
How to clean up your credit report using DoNotPay:
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Clean Your Credit Report With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you with the following:
- Find Out How to Fix Your Credit Score
- Learn How To Improve Your Credit Score
- Generate a Credit Dispute Letter
- Learn How To Remove Inquiries From Your Credit Report
- Successfully Dispute a Credit Report
- Learn How To Remove Collections From Your Credit Report
- Generate a Professional Debt Validation Letter
- Learn How to Remove Late Payments From a Credit Report
DoNotPay's Clean Credit Report works with any type of debt in all 50 states. We can contact all three major credit bureaus to get your results. Some of the debts DoNotPay removes for our users include:
- Lien on a Mortgage
- Lien on a Vehicle
- Credit Card Debt
- Medical Debt
- Child Support Arrears
- IRS Tax Collections
Try it today, and see some other ways you can use the app.
Do More With DoNotPay
Whether you have a wrongful medical debt collection on your credit report, some other debt, or another financial problem, DoNotPay can help you. DoNotPay helps users fight bureaucracy, unethical corporations, spam, robocalls, and more. The following is a small example of our services
Sign up today. DoNotPay can help you make your life easier.