How to Stop MCM Debt Collection Agency Calls
If there is an amount of debt that shows up on your credit report, you may start receiving calls from an MCM debt collection, or. This company deals with debts owned by Midland funding.
Having a debt appear on your credit report can be a difficult experience, especially if you are unsure as to where the debt came from. You may begin to wonder if they can take your stimulus check, or even take you to court. It's always best to quickly take care of the debt so that the collection agency will stop calling you for payment. This can mean writing a dispute letter or finding other ways to deal with debt collectors.
Luckily, there is help for you if you struggle to handle debt collectors on your own. DoNotPay has helped many people to deal with their debts to stop the incoming calls, including from the Midland debt collectors. This includes almost all debt types, from old purchases to credit card debt, even medical debt has a way to handle it.
What is the MCM Debt Collection Agency?
The MCM debt collection agency works with Midland funding, to collect debts that may have been incurred. When MCM shows up on your credit report, they can show up under several names, so it's important to check that you're truly being charged by this specific company. Some of the names they go by can include, but are not limited to;
- Midland Fund
- Midland Credit
- MCM Midland Credit Management
- Midland Management
If you see any of these names or a similar name on your credit report, you should be sure to contact the company as soon as possible to take care of the charges. There are a few different ways they can be contacted, including the MCM debt collection phone number, allowing for both ease and convenience.
|Company||Midland Credit Management (www.midlandcredit.com)|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 939069 San Diego, CA 92193|
Your Rights When Dealing with the MCM Debt Collection Agency
The FDCPA, or the fair debt collection practices act, allows you some rights when it comes to dealing with any debt collection agency. These rights are country-wide, however, you may have extra rights and permissions depending on the state you reside in. The rights that this act gives you are in place to help protect you from companies scamming you or not working with you. With this act, you will experience the following;
- The MCM debt collection agency will never call you during the night, or other unusual hours.
- Your debts will never be shared with anyone who is not you, such as friends or family members.
- Once you contact the MCM debt collection agency, they will have five days to provide you with a written validation letter.
- If requested, the agency will be required to stop collection calls.
- If you request proof that the debt is legitimate, the agency will have to provide proof and will have to stop collections until it has been proven.
- If you so choose, you can appoint your attorney to receive calls from the agency rather than you.
How to Respond to MCM Debt Collection Agency Calls
It can be difficult to figure out what to do when you start receiving collection calls, especially if you have never been in debt before. There are steps that you can take to help you negotiate and get beyond the calls and, hopefully, into a hopefully debt-free future.
- Find Out How Much the Debt is For, and Where it Was Incurred
- Request the Name of the Original Creditor
- If the Agency First Contacted you By Phone, Request Contact in Writing
- If You Don't Owe the Debt, Inform the Agency
- Tell the Agency to Stop Contacting You, Unless They Can Prove the Debt is Yours
Handling a collection agency, especially when it's not your debt in question, can be difficult for anyone. That's why it's so important to consider getting help if you ever end up in this situation, preferably from experts that know how to best aid you.
How to Remove Collections from Your Credit Report on Your Own
When you find out about debts on your credit report that are not yours to pay, you want to get them removed as soon as you can, so that they do not end up damaging your credit score. The best and easiest way to do this is to dispute the charge on your credit report. There are three steps that you can follow to have the best chance of having the charge taken from your credit reports.
- Thoroughly Check Credit Reports for Information
- Determine the Legitimacy of the Charge
- Go to Your Credit Bureau's Website and Fill Out a Dispute Form
From here, it's up to the credit bureau to investigate your claim and make a decision. From the time of filing the paperwork, they have up to 30 days to come to a final decision. If it is proven that the debt is not yours, it will be removed. However, if the debt has been proven to be accurate, you might look at the account sitting on your credit score for up to 7 years, during which time they may still try to collect on the debt.
Handle the MCM Debt Collection Agency with the Help of DoNotPay
If you have tried and failed to handle the calls from the Midland Debt collection agency on your own, there is still hope. has helped many people to handle these annoying debts and get agencies to stop calling them. They are quick and easy to use, just the click of a button will have you well on your way to stopping those collection calls.
Here's how it works:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that’s it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We’ll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they’re no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Why Use DoNotPay For MCM Debt Collection
You don’t have to suffer from harassment from debt collectors. DoNotPay is the perfect choice to fight back because we are:
- Fast- You do not have to spend too much time on the internet looking for ways to stop the debt collector’s harassment.
- Easy- All it takes are three steps and you’re set to go.
- Successful- Rest assured that we will make the best case for you.
DoNotPay Can Help with So Much More!
can do so much more than just help you handle collection calls. They can quickly and easily help in almost any facet of life, including;
- Helping with bills
- Getting a clean credit report
- Write financial aid appeal letters
- Cancel services and subscriptions
- Find unclaimed money
- Increase your credit score
The next time you need help from the experts, visit DoNotPay for quick and comprehensive help.