How to Connect With an Inmate at MCI Concord
Massachusetts Correctional Institute Concord is a medium-security men's prison. Located in Concord, Massachusetts, it is the oldest prison in the state that is still operational. Established in 1878, it currently houses over 550 prisoners and is also the headquarters for the department's Central Date Computation Unit, Central Records Unit, Central Research Unit, and the Data Collection Unit.
If you want to connect with an inmate at MCI Concord, there are several ways it can be done. But keep in mind that not following the correct procedures could result in a letter being confiscated or returned, an unsuccessful phone call, or emails that are never received. DoNotPay has a new Connect With an Inmate product that helps you to quickly and successfully connect with an inmate at MCI Concord in five easy steps.
Where Is MCI Concord Located?
The fifty-two-acre facility is physically located at 965 Elm Street, Concord, MA, 01742. The mailing address to contact inmates is:
Inmate Name and DOC Number
Massachusetts Correctional Institution Concord
PO Box 9106
Concord, MA 01742
The inmate's full name and the identifying DOC number must be on any correspondence for delivery to be successful.
What Are the Ways to Connect With an Inmate at MCI Concord?
There are numerous ways to connect with an inmate at MCI Concord. Each method has rules that must be followed for the connection to happen.
- MCI Concord does allow personal visitation at approved times. Contact visits can be done with inmates who have been approved for contact visitation. Non-contact visitation is done in specified locations as the result of an inmate being deemed dangerous, being in a restricted housing unit, or who has received a disciplinary report. There is a list of rules, including dress code, allowed activity, and the number of visitors.
Contact visitation is generally limited to four visitations per inmate per week. The schedule is as follows;
|First Letter of the Inmate’s Last Name||Visitation Day||Visitation Time|
|1:00 pm-3:45 pm
1:00 pm-8:30 pm
6:30 pm-8:30 pm
|6:30 pm-8:30 pm
1:00 pm-8:30 pm
1:00 pm-3:45 pm
Non-contact visitation is usually limited to three visitations per week and is scheduled through the Restrictive Housing Unit Sergeant. The visiting periods are:
|Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
|Mondays (Excluding holidays)||1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
2:30 pm to 3:30 pm
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- If you want to send a letter to an inmate, you will need the inmate's Department of Corrections number, also called his commitment number. You will need the full mailing address of the prison (noted above) and the inmate's full name. If the inmate has been released or has been transferred to another location, the prison will attempt to forward it. If they are unable to forward it, they will return it to the sender. Keep in mind that all mail sent into the prison is opened and inspected.
- Inmates may receive email communication from friends and family. They must use Secure Mail, a program offered by Corrlinks. Once signed up, you can send emails to the inmate at a cost of $.25 each.
- Inmates at MCI Concord have access to phones and can make calls using a company called Securus Technologies. All calls have a flat rate fee per minute, differing from in-state and out-of-state calls.
|Address||965 Elm St.
P.O. Box 9106
Concord, MA 01742
|Phone Number||(978) 405-6100|
What if I Can’t Do This Myself?
If setting up phone pay systems or secure mail is difficult, or if you don't know where to start, DoNotPay can help. Our Connect With an Inmate product can simplify the process of connecting with your loved one easily. Our integrated mailing technology and encrypted database allow you to send letters to MCI Concord straight from our app or website. You can even receive responses back. DoNotPay has three features to make connecting with an inmate quick and easy. We can help:
- Find your loved one, regardless of whether they are confined in a county, state, or federal facility.
- Send a physical letter to your loved one.
- Receive responses back from the inmate.
Let DoNotPay Help You Connect With an Inmate at MCI Concord
DoNotPay can help you locate and connect with a loved one, no matter which facility they are in. Just simply follow our five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can not only help you locate and connect with an inmate, but we can also help you with your other daily problems as well.
- DoNotPay can help you clear up issues with credit cards.
- Would you like to stop all the text spam that is cluttering up your inbox?
- Or do you need help fighting a parking ticket?
The problems that are taking your time and money every day have quick and easy solutions with DoNotPay. How can DoNotPay help you?