Get Your Maryland Fishing License In A Breeze
Maryland is a beautiful state that is home to many hotspots for those who love to fish. From Deep Creek Lake to Centennial Lake, Maryland has some of the best fishing in the country. If you are preparing for a day out on the water, you will need to prepare a few things in advance, including making sure that you have a Maryland fishing license.
Getting a Maryland fishing license on your own can be a challenge. It can take hours to get, especially if you have to drive out of your way to go to a physical office, but getting caught without one could end up in a serious fine. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers you an easy, fast, convenient way to get your Maryland fishing license from home.
Who Is Eligible for a Maryland Fishing License?
Fishing licenses are legal requirements at the state level that help prevent illegal fishing and promote wildlife sustainability. Fishing without a license is illegal in the state of Maryland, and being caught fishing without one can result in a fine and other legal action. It's very important that residents and non-residents of Maryland get an active fishing license before heading out to drown some lures. Here are a few things to know about fishing licenses in Maryland:
- Everyone 16 and older must have an active license to sport fish unless they have a valid exemption.
- Saltwater anglers have special requirements, including possibly registering with the Maryland Saltwater Angler Registration.
Several groups of people are exempt from needing a fishing license in Maryland. These groups include:
- Active-duty military.
- Property owners and their spouses/children.
- Anyone in Maryland can fish for free on the state's annual free fishing days, which change each year.
If you do not fall into one of the above groups and plan to fish, you need a fishing license in Maryland.
What Are the Different Types of Maryland Fishing Licenses?
There are a number of different Maryland fishing licenses. Some licenses are specifically for residents, while others are designed for nonresidents and visitors. Here's all you need to know about the various fishing licenses in Maryland, according to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources website:
Resident Maryland Fishing Licenses
Here are the fishing licenses available to Maryland residents and the fees associated with each one:
|Annual Non-Tidal/Freshwater License||$20.50|
|7-day Non-Tidal/Freshwater License||$7.50|
|Resident Senior Consolidated License||$5.00. This license is exclusively available to Maryland residents who are 65 or older or will become 65 in the current calendar year|
|Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fish License||$15|
|Complimentary License||Both residents and nonresidents who are blind and residents who are disabled veterans have access to a complimentary Maryland fishing license|
Nonresident Maryland Fishing Licenses
Nonresidents in Maryland who want a fishing license have several options, listed below:
|Annual Non-Tidal/Freshwater License||$30.50|
|7-day Non-Tidal/Freshwater License||The fee for this license is equal to that charged a resident for a similar license by their home state|
|3-day Non-Tidal/Freshwater License||The fee for this license is equal to that charged a Maryland resident for a similar license by the non-resident's home state|
|Chesapeake Bay & Coastal Sport Fish License||$22.50|
|Complimentary License||Nonresidents who are blind are eligible for a complimentary license|
How to Get a Maryland Fishing License by Yourself
There are several ways to get a Maryland fishing license on your own.
- You can buy a Maryland fishing license through the Maryland Department of Natural Resources COMPASS portal. Through the site, you can select the type of license you want and even reprint a license, if needed. Make sure to have your photo ID and form of payment nearby, such as a credit card or debit card. The site will also prompt you to enter your personal details, so be prepared to take your time filling out the form.
- You can purchase a Maryland fishing license through the mail. There is an application form on the Maryland Department of Natural Resources website, which you can download, fill out, and send to any of the listed service centers.
- Finally, you can purchase a Maryland fishing license directly from one of the sports license agents in the state. According to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources website, there are more than 250 of these sports license agents in Maryland.
Getting your Maryland fishing license via any of these methods can be time-consuming and possibly even stressful. Save yourself hours of filling out forms by using DoNotPay to get your license. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful solution for getting a fishing license in Maryland.
Use DoNotPay to Get a Fishing License in Maryland
How to get your Maryland fishing license using DoNotPay:
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
DoNotPay Is the Best Solution for Getting a Maryland Fishing License
DoNotPay walks you through the process of getting your Maryland fishing license, saving you the guesswork of doing it on your own. Once you have your license, you will be ready to tackle the crystal clear waters in Maryland, enjoying one of the all-time great sports. DoNotPay can get you out on the water in short order, so you have more time to enjoy what you love.