The Best Way to Connect With An Inmate At Maryland Correctional Institution - Hagerstown
The Maryland Correctional Institution - Hagerstown (MCI-H) is a medium-security prison located in Washington County Maryland. This prison houses adult male inmates and has a population of around 2179 inmates.
This facility generally houses inmates who have been sentenced to around 6.5 years. It also functions as a parole hearing facility in Maryland state and a hub for ICE inmates awaiting court proceedings. This correctional institution was established in 1932 as the Penal Farm for Maryland State.
Are you wondering how you can connect with an inmate who is serving at Maryland correctional institution? Read on to find out.
Maryland Correctional Institution - Hagerstown Contact Information
The MCI-H is located in Hagerstown on the Maryland State Penal Farm in Washington County. Having been built by the inmates themselves from stones acquired from local quarries, the architecture of this prison correctional institution is unique and popular, making it a landmark by itself.
The Maryland Correctional Institute is located about 7 miles south of the town of Hagerstown on MD 65 south.
General Contact Information for MCI-H
|Physical Address||MMI - H
18601 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21746
|Phone Numbers||(240) 420-1000
How To Contact Inmates At Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown
Before trying to contact your loved one in Maryland correctional institution Hagerstown, you will need to first locate where he has been incarcerated. The best way is to check the federal prisons and burial website.
However, for a seamless location of your loved one, you will need to have the inmate's name, address, and date of birth. You can also try to search through the inmate locator search.
From the State Prison website, you can obtain the sex convict registry, offender visitation forms, and offender contact information. Once you have located your loved one in the facility, you can contact him through the following ways:
It is allowed to visit convicts in Hagerstown prisons, with a maximum of three adults and three children on every visit. Inmates in the general population are allowed to have two visits per week and a single visit for the convicts in the disciplinary segregation.
The weekend visits are determined by the last digit of the ID number of the convict, whereby the convicts with odd last ID digits are visited on odd days, and inmates with even last ID digits are visited on even days. The visit is scheduled as follows:
- The general public prisoners can be visited on Mondays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The administrative and disciplinary prisoners can be visited on Sundays and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- The prisoners in protective custody can be visited on Saturdays and Sundays from 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Keep in mind that you are required to register that minutes earlier before you are allowed to visit the convict.
Sending Letters To Inmates
The prisoners at the Maryland correctional institution are allowed to send and receive correspondence. The inmates are expected to cater for the postage fee except for the convicts who are redeemed indigent.
After paying the fee, the prisoners are given the postage and writing materials for up to 7 days. The letters are however inspected to make sure they do not have contrabands. Instant photos and Polaroid are also prohibited in this institution.
Prisoners in the Maryland correctional facility are allowed to send and receive mail.
If you need help addressing your mail, DoNotPay can help.
Inmate name, Inmate #
18601 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown Maryland 21746
The prisoners are allowed to make outgoing and prepaid collect calls. However, the calls are required to go through a third-party service provider and are recorded and monitored.
How To Send Money To Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown Inmates
Family members and friends can send money to prisoners in Hagerstown jails using the lockbox system. With this system, the money orders are received at a specific P. O Box, and the bank responsible deposits the money order, and the money is then sent to the prisoners.
How To Send Packages To Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown
You can send packages to a loved ones or prison pen pal in the Maryland Correctional Institution, but the package must come from a recognised vendor like Amazon. The packages are inspected to ensure they meet the prison rules and regulations.
Steps To Take Before Calling Or Writing To A Prisoner In Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown
- Before making the phone call you will need to know the location of a prisoner. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you locate the prisoner
- In the Connect With an Inmate tab, choose the Locate Someone option
- Enter the prisoner's details
- Send the request
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Your Loved One In Maryland Correctional Institution Hagerstown
The major difficulties include:
- Restrictions of the time to call
- Monitoring and recording of phone calls
- Requirement to send packages from approved vendors only
Get In Touch With Your Loved One Via DoNotPay
Instead of going through the hassles of a post office, DoNotPay makes it easier to write to convicts using the following steps:
- Open the prison product at DoNotPay
- Enter the prisoner's details using the guided steps
- Write the message or upload an attachment
- Upload attachment images if necessary
- You can use the DoNotPay customized templates
- DoNotPay prints and forwards the letter
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Through DoNotPay search tool, you can locate your imprisoned friend using these simple steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from writing letters to convicts, DoNotPay can also help you in:
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
Use DoNotPay to facilitate communication with your kin who is at Maryland Correctional. The tool is fast, convenient and effective, try it today!