How to Get a Certified Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Sacramento
If you are looking to get a marriage certificate in Sacramento, you have come to the right place. Especially if you are looking to take care of this task quickly and easily. DoNotPay has everything you need. Nearly 14,000 people were married in Sacramento in one recent year, some spending upwards of tens of thousands of dollars to make their weddings memorable occasions. Each couple learned they must pay for a marriage license. Some learned for the first time that there's a difference between a marriage license and a marriage certificate.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
Marriage licenses and marriage certificates may sound similar, but they serve very different purposes. A marriage license is a document that you must obtain from the county clerk before you get married. A marriage certificate is a document that proves you're married.
In California, people might use marriage certificates to accomplish a number of tasks:
- When changing their names
- When communicating with the IRS
- When changing their marital status on insurance plans
If you need a marriage certificate for any reason, DoNotPay has the easy way to get one fast.
The Ins and Out of Getting a Marriage Certificate in Sacramento
When dealing with Sacramento bureaucracy, knowledge is your best defense.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Marriage Certificate?
How long it takes to receive your Sacramento marriage certificate could depend on the method you use to apply for one.
|Online||If you apply online successfully, you could receive digital copies of your certificate in as little as 20 minutes.|
|By Mail||If you mail your application, you'll receive your copies within 5-7 business days.|
|By Fax||By this method, you could receive your copies in 1-2 days (if the order is "expedited").|
How Much Does It Cost to Apply for a Marriage Certificate?
The standard rate for a copy of your marriage certificate is $17 per copy. If you apply by fax and want to expedite your order, however, you will pay a higher fee ($19). If all these choices have you reeling, never fear. DoNotPay provides a simpler way.
How to Apply for a Marriage Certificate the Old Fashioned Way
Applying for a marriage certificate the old-fashioned way involves logging onto the Sacramento County website, following the prompts to the County Clerk's pages, and finding the information on marriage certificates. Like most government websites, this one is not set up for ease or intuitive navigation. This step could take you longer than you might think.
You will then need to decide which method you will choose to apply for your certificate (online, by mail, by fax), and figure out how to pay the resulting fees. Rather than scratching your head over these instructions, we recommend you turn to DoNotPay's Certificates of Marriage feature.
If you wish to personally apply you need to be ready for the following acceptable IDs
- Driver's license
- Military I.D.
- Resident Alien Card
Apply for a Sacramento Marriage Certificate Instantly With DoNotPay
Getting a marriage certificate in Sacramento doesn't have to prove a frustrating experience. There is a better way. If you want to order a marriage certificate copy in Sacramento but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's really all you have to do. We take care of the rest.
DoNotPay Is One-Stop-Shop
Marriage certificates and birth certificate issues? DoNotPay is your one-stop shop for handling them.
- Learn a copy of the marriage certificate
- Learn marriage certificate
- Online marriage certificate
- How to apply marriage certificate online?
- Fill out a marriage certificate
- Learn marriage certificate documents
- All bout birth certificates
- All about the processing times for birth certificates
- How do I apply for a birth certificate?
- How do I get a birth certificate for a newborn?
- How can I get birth certificates fast?
- How do I replace a lost birth certificate?
- How can I find my own birth certificate?
- Can I get a birth certificate online?
- Can I use my birth certificate to get a passport?
- Where can I get a birth certificate?
And DoNotPay does so much more than help you with birth certificates and marriage certificates. We can also assist with getting airline flight compensation, filing official complaints, and handling chargebacks and refunds. Join us today!