Get a Certified Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Reno, NV
Are you wondering where to go in Reno, Nevada, to apply for a copy of your marriage certificate? You've come to the right place. DoNotPay has the quickest solution for requesting a marriage certificate in Reno, NV, without all the traditional hoops and hassles.
While you can certainly obtain one online or in-person by yourself, DoNotPay can not only create and send the request over, but we can also help guide you through the process of filling out the right forms and being prepared with the right marriage certificate documents. To help get you started, here is everything you need to know about requesting marriage certificates in Reno, NV.
What Is the Difference Between a Marriage License and a Marriage Certificate?
Before you start your research and send over a request in Reno, NV, you'll first want to make sure you're getting the right document for what you need. For instance, if you plan on getting married in the next 60 days, you're looking for a marriage license in Reno, NV. However, if you've already gotten married, you'll need a government-issued copy of a marriage certificate that confirms that you and your partner are married.
This may be useful if you're hoping to get a mortgage loan together, file your taxes, or if you want to legally change your last name to your spouse's (or vice versa).
What Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Reno, NV?
To get a copy of your marriage certificate in Reno, NV, you'll need the following information:
- You and your partner's full names, including maiden names if applicable
- The date of your marriage
- How many copies you're interested in
- The name, address, and phone number to get back to with the request
How Much Will It Cost?
According to Washoe County, Nevada's government site, you should expect to pay $6 per certified copy you request, plus an additional $0.50 per page copy when ordering by mail. For a 'true, legal certified copy,' the county Clerks Office charges a $15 fee per copy requested.
Who Is Authorized to Request It?
- Parties in the marriage
- Parents and legal guardians
- Grandparents and grandchildren
How Do I Request a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Reno, NV, on My Own?
To request a copy of your marriage certificate in Reno, NV, on your own, you'll need to send over a request to your local Washoe County Recorder's Office in one of the following ways:
|By Phone||Call (775) 328-3660|
|By Mail||Download a request form online and print it. You address the request to Washoe County Clerk, Attn. Marriages, 1001 E. 9th Street, Bldg. A Reno, NV 89512.|
|Online||You can fill out the request form online here.|
|In-Person||You'll find the Recorder's Office in the Washoe County Administration Complex (1001 E 9th Street, Building A, Room 150).|
Note that any one of these methods can be subjected to setbacks and complications if you don't have the information you need on hand, they're particularly busy, or you're working or otherwise occupied during their hours of service (8 am to 5 pm). With DoNotPay, however, you have more flexibility by doing it at home and guided steps for completing the process.
How Do I Request a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Reno, NV, With DoNotPay?
Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything you need to do by yourself. That's okay. DoNotPay is here to help you complete as many of your tasks with little to no real effort on your part. This way, you can get back to the things you love most.
Request your copy in 8 8teps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Other Products That May Be Useful
Requesting a copy of your marriage certificate in Reno, NV isn't the only task DoNotPay can help you check off your to-do list this year. Check out our other products on the DoNotPay product page to help make your life easier:
- Get assistance with copyright infringement on social media or with a company.
- Learn how to get a seatbelt ticket dismissed.
- Get a copy of your birth certificate from anywhere in the U.S.
- Cancel anything and more.