How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Memphis, TN Easily
Getting married is a big step in life. It takes a lot of time, effort, and preparation to put on a beautiful wedding and reception. But, before you get too wrapped up in picking bridesmaids' dresses, flowers, caterers, and cakes, remember the basics. You must take care of the paperwork such as obtaining a marriage license and copies of the marriage certificate.
You may not realize how important these documents are to your wedding plans and your life after you've tied the knot. In fact, you may need a copy of your marriage certificate many times throughout the years. For instance, it can be used as a way to prove your identity.
If you were married in is a fairly straightforward process. Still, it can be time-consuming and frustrating at times and you may wonder if it's worth the effort. If you're unsure of what to do, leave it to DoNotPay to get copies of your marriage certificate for you.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses in TN
You often hear people refer to both a marriage license and a marriage certificate. It would be easy to assume that these are the same document, just a different name. However, this is not at all the truth. While both are vital records regarding your marriage, they are unique:
|Marriage Licenses||These documents are essentially proof that a couple wishes to get married and that they meet the criteria to do so in Tennessee. You have 30 days from the date of issuance to use your marriage license.|
|Marriage Certificates||If you do follow through with the wedding, you will receive a certified marriage certificate. This document shows you and your spouse's name, date of the marriage, location, and the individual that officiated.|
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Memphis, TN?
That depends upon when the marriage took place. Most Tennessee marriage records are public information in Tennessee. Public marriages recorded in the State before 1970 are open to the public. For after 1970, only the people named in the original certificate, their child, or other directly affiliated individuals can access these records.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Memphis, TN?
Marriage licenses are $97 in Memphis, but you can save $60 by going to classes. In addition to this cost, you will also need to pay for certified copies of your marriage certificate after the ceremony. There is a $10.00 fee for each certified marriage certificate copy you request. Be sure to include the date of the marriage and the names of the bride and the groom with your request.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Memphis?
You can generally expect to receive certified copies of your marriage certificate to arrive within 2 weeks of your request. You will need to wait until this document arrives to initiate the process of legal name changes with Social Security, the DMV, and your personal accounts.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Memphis, TN?
Since there are two distinct groups of marriage records in Tennessee, the requirements vary. It just depends upon when the marriage took place. If it's before 1970, the records are readily available to anyone. Records after 1970 may require proof of identity to receive the information.
How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate on Your Own
If you need a copy of your marriage certificate or a relative's marriage certificate you need to prepare. First off, it's important to gather as much information as possible to make your search easier. You'll need:
- Names of the bride and groom
- Date of the wedding
- Location of the wedding
Either visit the Tennessee Vital Records Office or mail your request to:
Tennessee Vital Records
1st Floor, Andrew Johnson Tower
710 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243
Get Marriage Certificate Copes Instantly With DoNotPay
If tracking down isn't on your bucket list, let DoNotPay do it for you. In just a few minutes, we'll have the records you need on the way. You don't need any special training or help. It's super simple.
If you want to order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Memphis but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
It’s really easy. And that’s not all you can accomplish today. DoNotPay can also teach you more things about marriage certificates such as:
- How to Apply a marriage certificate online
- How to Fill out a marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate documents
Why Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Memphis, TN
If you have ever had to deal with the state when it comes to vital records, you know it can be a bit of a hassle. Between the time it takes to search for the records, to the time spent in line waiting for help, you need to plan ahead. But, with DoNotPay, getting a is:
- Fast — In just a few minutes, DoNotPay can locate and order the marriage certificates you need.
- Easy — There's no complicated process. Answer some questions, click, pay, and get your documents.
- Convenient — You don't need to leave the comfort of your home to order a marriage certificate copy.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
You have a busy life and you need all the help you can get sometimes. That's exactly what the world's first robot lawyer is here to do, help. This innovative product makes it easy to manage all aspects of your life. For example:
- Demand Refunds or Chargebacks
- Create a Minor Child Travel Consent
- Create Defamation Demand Letters
- Get Compensated for a Bad Flight
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Get Free No-Risk Raffle Tickets
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Create Passport Photos
- Demand an Item Return Request
And that is just the beginning. DoNotPay is capable of handling a huge number of tasks. Visit the site today to learn more.