Order a Certified Copy of Your CT Marriage Certificate
With your wedding day behind you and thank-you notes written, it's time to turn to more practical matters. This includes getting a copy of your Connecticut marriage certificate for your records or to have your name legally changed to your married name. It might be that you're researching your family history and want the marriage certificate of your grandparents.
Whatever the reason, you're finding it difficult to get a copy of a Connecticut marriage certificate. Where do you go? How much does it cost? Can you order one over the phone? You have many questions but you aren't finding many answers. The DoNotPay app can make the process a breeze for you.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate in CT?
The state of Connecticut considers marriage records and certificates to be a matter of public record. You can get a copy of a marriage certificate of any couple, but you do need to know their names, the location, and the date of the wedding, so the state can locate the information.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Connecticut?
To get a copy of a Connecticut marriage certificate, you must get it from the county where the couple married, and the cost varies by county.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Connecticut?
As a public record, a CT marriage certificate is available without any documentation. You do need to provide the couple's name, wedding date, and location.
Connecticut Details and Contact Information
|Website||CT.GOV-Connecticut's Official State Website|
|Contact Us Link||Contact Us|
|State Vital Records Office Address||CT Department of Public Health
State Vital Records Office
410 Capitol Avenue, 1st Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
|Customer Service Hours of Operation||Monday to Friday||8:00 AM to 4:00 PM|
|Customer Service Contact Number||(860) 509-7700|
|Forms Should Be Mailed Using This Address||CT Department of Public Health
State Vital Records Office
410 Capitol Avenue, MS#11VRS
Hartford, CT 06106
Customer Service Window:
- You would need to bring an ID to enter the building. Failure in doing so won’t be allowed to enter.
- Payments will be made in cash or through a money order.
Solve the Challenges of Getting a Connecticut Marriage Certificate Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
If you got married in Connecticut, there are a variety of reasons that you might need or want a copy of your marriage certificate. You might need this essential document to change your name legally, or you might need it to provide proof of paternity. It feels like it should be easy to get a copy of a Connecticut marriage certificate, but that isn't always the case. If you aren't used to retrieving this kind of document, it's easy to waste a lot of time. You have an easier way. DoNotPay can help you get the marriage certificate you need.
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Connecticut but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
It’s that simple!
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
You know that you don't want to continue trying to get a copy of a Connecticut marriage certificate on your own, but you aren't sure you want to use DoNotPay. There are three main reasons why others, like you, have used DoNotPay in the past:
- It's successful at getting Connecticut marriage certificates.
- It's fast, so you can get your marriage certificate from CT sooner.
- It's easy to use and navigate the app.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get a Marriage Certificate From Most Locations
As the years go by, you might need a copy of a marriage certificate from another location or city. DoNotPay is ready to help you get a copy of a marriage certificate from almost anywhere. The app also offers information on a variety of subjects concerning marriage certificates, such as:
- Copy of a marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate
- An online marriage certificate
- Apply online for a copy of a marriage certificate
- How to fill out a marriage certificate
- Documents for a marriage certificate
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
After you successfully get your Connecticut marriage certificate, you'll be ready to explore all the ways that you can use the DoNotPay app to make your life a breeze. The app is ready to partner with you to take care of many tasks. You can check out a couple of these:
- Get authorization to return an unwanted or damaged item
- Go after compensation from an airline for a canceled or a delayed flight
- Ask your credit card company for a refund or a chargeback for unauthorized charges
Order a copy of a CT marriage certificate now with the help of DoNotPay.