Get Certified Copies of Your Marion County Marriage Certificate
Have you lost your Marion County marriage certificate? If so, you're going to want to get it replaced: Marriage certificates are necessary important records. Here are some of the reasons you might want to have certified copies (and more than one is a good idea) on hand:
- Proving your status as a spouse to receive death benefits and pensions
- Filing for divorce
- Legally changing your name on driver's licenses, bank accounts, and insurance policies
But how do you get certified copies of your marriage certificate without dealing with bureaucracy or making trips to the post office? We'll show you the official route to getting the job done, and then we'll show you an easy, fast, and legal shortcut: Using DoNotPay to file your application on your behalf!
The "Old School" Way to Get Marion County Marriage Certificate Copies
In many counties, you'd get your license from either the county seat or the state's capital, but in Oregon, the Vital Records department is in Portland. Confusing, right? Even if you got your marriage license in Marion County, you'll have to either make the hour-long trip to Stumptown or send your certificate copy application in through the mail.
|Issuing Agency||Oregon Vital Records|
|Physical Address||800 NE Oregon Street
Portland, OR 97232
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 14050
Portland, OR 97293
|Downloadable Application||Download file|
Who Is Eligible to Apply for Marriage Certificates in Oregon
According to ORS 432.380, you must be able to prove that you are one of the following to be eligible to receive copies of Oregon-issued marriage certificates:
- One of the persons named on the license
- An immediate family member of a licensee (parent or child)
- A legal representative of one of the persons on the license.
The exception to the above is if the document is more than 50 years old.
What Forms of Identification Do I Need to Provide?
The following are the primary forms of ID required with your application:
- Valid driver's license
- Current U.S. passport
- Any other unexpired government-issued ID
If you do not have any of these, you can choose three from the list below as long as they're current:
- Insurance statement
- Utility bill
- Medical bill
- Parole paperwork
- Fishing, hunting, or concealed carry permits
For more acceptable forms of identification, refer to the application linked above.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Marriage Certificate Copies?
Each copy is $25.00, and if the clerk's search doesn't turn up any results, the office will withhold the initial $25 as a search fee.
Should I Mail in My Application, or Go in Person?
If you're going through the official channels, we highly recommend mailing your application and your fee (personal check or money order) to the above address. Parking in the area of the offices is expensive, and chances are you'll have to walk a few blocks in heavy traffic to get there—and you'll likely be charged additional fees for in-person applications. When you do mail in your application, be sure to send it certified mail with a return receipt.
The Easiest Way to Get Your Marion County Marriage Certificate Copies
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy from Marion County, Oregon but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps and you can do it all online in the comfort of your own home!
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Sounds pretty easy, doesn't it? Not only do we save you a trip to the post office or the city of Portland, but you might also even say we make a tedious task almost... fun!
7 More Ways DoNotPay Can Help You Today
Think of DoNotPay as a consumer advocacy and personal lawyer hybrid. We'll help you save money, time, and stress by stepping up when you need help with life's challenges, like these:
- Marriage certificate online application
- Documents for marriage certificate
- Get a marriage annulled
- File a warranty claim
- Get in touch with an inmate
- Get documents notarized
- Handle neighbor complaints
- Lodge complaints with your employer's HR department
- Get college fees waived
And that's just a drop in the bucket! We have thousands of solutions to common (and not-so-common) problems with which people like you need help.
Let's Get Those Marriage Certificates Now!
Are you ready to get to know DoNotPay? Letting us help you get certified copies of your Marion County marriage certificates is the perfect introduction. Once you discover how fast and easy our AI services work, you'll be hooked... and we're one addiction that actually solves your problems!