How to Connect With an Inmate at Marion Correctional Institution in Ohio
The Marion Correctional Institution in Ohio was opened in 1954. This all-male facility has the capacity to house 2,623 inmates and offers inmates several academic, industrial, and vocational opportunities.
Today, we're looking at how you can write letters to an inmate housed in this facility, how else you can contact them, and how DoNotPay can help.
Where is Marion County Correctional Facility?
The Marion Prison serves as both a medium- and minimum-security facility for men in Marion, OH. This facility is both owned and operated by the ODRC.
|Physical address||Marion County Correctional Facility
940 Marion-Williamsport Rd E
Marion, OH 43302
How to Address a Letter to an Inmate in Marion Correctional Institution in Ohio
If you want to address a letter to an inmate housed in Marion County Correctional Facility, you should do so as follows:
Inmate Name, ID #, Housing #
Marion Correctional Institution
940 Marion-Williamsport Road
PO Box 57
Marion, OH 43302
How Else You Can Contact Inmates at Marion Correctional Institution in Ohio
If you find that having a prison pen pal is inadequate, there are other ways you can connect with a Marion County Correctional Facility inmate. For instance, you can:
- Visit an inmate
- Schedule a 30-minute video visitation - you need to create a JPAY account, get on the inmate's approved visitation list, and schedule a video visit.
- Send Mail
- Send money to an inmate if you are an approved or tentatively approved visitor by telephone, internet, or money order
Visiting an inmate in Marion Correctional Institution
If you want to visit an inmate housed in Marion Correctional Institution, you must schedule your appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 740-382-5781. You can email at any time or call between 10:30 and noon or 1:30 to 3.
When scheduling your visit, you need to list every visitor who will be attending the visitation, the date and time you would like to meet with the inmate, the name of the inmate, and the identification number of the inmate. You may schedule a visit any day between the hours of 7:45 and 3.
Scheduling a 30-minute video visitation
You may schedule a 30-minute video visitation any day between the hours of:
- 7:30 to 10:30 AM
- 12 to 3:30 PM
- 5 to 8 PM
How to send money to a Marion County inmate
You can send up to $200 through JPAY on any given day and up to $400 per month by mailing a Money Order Deposit form and money order to JPAY's lockbox in Hollywood, FL. With your money order, you should include a copy of your passport, driver's license, or state ID (your name should match the name on the money order exactly). The birth date on your identification also must match the birth date and name you used when you registered as a DRC visitor.
If you want to send more than $200, you must get approval from Warden Leon Hill in advance of sending the money. Keep in mind, letters may not accompany the money order.
You can use a debit card or credit card through the ConnectNetwork website to deposit money into the inmate's personal trust account.
It is also possible to deposit money into an inmate's account by calling 1-888-988-4768 (4PMT) using Site ID 86. Just be aware that while the number is toll-free, you will have to pay a transaction fee to send money over the phone.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
If you want to write a prisoner in Marion Correctional Institution Ohio, you need to know the inmate's identification number and housing number. Finding these numbers yourself is hard, but DoNotPay simplifies things. In fact, you can send an envelope to an inmate in just five quick, easy, successful steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
You can also use DoNotPay for virtually any other problem you have in your life, including:
- Fighting parking tickets
- Making text spam a thing of the past
- Making credit card disputes a breeze
- Obtaining refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
Try it now!