All About Lyft's Terms of Service
Whenever you use a service, you need to be aware of the company's unique set of rules and guidelines that are in place. The Terms of Service (TOS) are there to protect both the consumer and the company.
Most people agree to the TOS without ever actually reading them. And while this can save you time, it could end up costing you in the long run. Consumers are not the only ones that are expected to follow a company's TOS. If a company violates its own rules, you could be entitled to compensation.
If you use Lyft, it is vital that you fully understand its . Here is a look at everything that you need to know about Lyft's TOS.
Lyft's Terms of Service
Lyft is a ridesharing company that utilizes its app to match riders with drivers. Because drivers at Lyft are independent contractors and are not considered to be Lyft employees, both drivers and riders are considered to be "Lyft users."
Here are some of the that all Lyft users should be aware of:
- You must be at least 18 years old to create a Lyft account.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, your parents can set up an account for you. However, you will only be able to use the bike-sharing and scooter-sharing services.
- If you are under 18 years old, you cannot use the ridesharing service without being accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Once you create an account, you are not allowed to let anyone else use your Lyft account.
- You agree to pay all fees and charges after using any service that is provided by Lyft. This could include service fees, and an additional fee when you use the service during "prime time." You may also be required to pay a cancellation fee when you cancel a rideshare service.
- If you are a rider that is using the rideshare service, you should not cause any damage to the interior or the exterior of the vehicle. This includes spills, tears, or other damage that occurs to the upholstery or other components of the vehicle. If you do cause any damage, you may be charged a Damage Fee of up to $250.
- All charges and fees are non-refundable.
- Drivers will receive payment through their active Stripe accounts.
- Drivers must pay a Service Fee and a Platform Fee when offering rides through Lyft's app.
- If Lyft offers a rider a special discount or coupon, it will not impact the Driver's Fee that is owed to them.
- When you agree to the Terms of Service, you are also agreeing to receive communications from Lyft via email or text message.
- Lyft users are not allowed to harass or threaten any person while using any of its services.
- You cannot use Lyft to violate the law in any way. This includes, but is not limited to, interacting in an abusive and obscene way.
- Drivers must also agree to not be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol while using Lyft's Rideshare service.
- All drivers must have a valid driver's license
What Information will Lyft Collect About Me?
For drivers, Lyft may collect important information that proves that you are suitable to drive a vehicle. This includes a copy of your driver's license, your name, and your date of birth. Additionally, Lyft may obtain criminal background checks and look at your driving record.
When it comes to riders, Lyft may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
- Payment information
- Communication records within the Lyft app between drivers and riders
- Ride information, including distance, time, date, route, etc.
- IP address
- Devices' GPS location
Let DoNotPay Help You Analyze Lyft TOS
Lyft's TOS can be confusing and time-consuming to read through. By using DoNotPay, you can quickly and accurately detect if the company has violated any of its TOS. To get help with analyzing Lyft's TOS, follow these five simple steps:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
How to Sue Lyft for Terms of Service Violations
When you address violations and Lyft ignores you, you can turn to DoNotPay to escalate your case. Don’t let big companies threaten or intimidate you.
DoNotPay can draft a demand letter that you can send Lyft and direct them to make the necessary adjustments or provide the compensation. With DoNotPay’s Sue Now product, you have the best case.
DoNotPay Can Help You Analyze Any Company's TOS
In addition to helping you analyze Lyft TOS, DoNotPay can help you analyze the terms of service of other websites and service providers, including, but not limited to:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you easily tackle a wide range of tasks. Some of the other services that we provide include:
- Dealing with Chargebacks and Refunds
- Understand Breach of Contract
- Get Help with Legal Documents
- Easily File a Complaint