Get a Lucas County Ohio Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
If you're getting married in Lucas County anytime soon, congratulations! It's an exciting time and you are probably more than a little nervous. You're making plans and arrangements for the wedding dress, decorations, cake, food, and guest list.
To make everything official, make sure to follow all the proper steps, like filing the appropriate marriage license and marriage certificate paperwork with the county. The first step you need to take is obtaining a marriage license, then later you'll get a marriage certificate. It's not difficult to obtain these documents, but with everything going on in your life right now it can be a bit stressful. It's important, however, that you stay focused and take care of requesting your marriage certificate for several reasons.
If you're unsure of how to obtain a copy of your or you just don't want to deal with the county, let DoNotPay assist you.
The Difference Between Ohio Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
When you hear the terms marriage license and marriage certificate, you may think that they're different terms for the same thing. That's not true, however. There are distinct differences between these two documents that you need to understand:
- Marriage License - This is an authorization for two people to get married. It verifies that both parties are of legal age and otherwise able to get married in Lucas County Ohio. A marriage license is valid for 60 days from the date of issue. If you do not get married within that time, you'll need to reapply.
- Marriage Certificate - Once your wedding ceremony has been performed and your officiant has filed the forms with the county clerk, a marriage certificate will be issued. This document states who was married, when, and where as well as who performed the service.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Lucas County?
In most cases, only certain people can obtain a copy of a marriage certificate in Lucas County Ohio. These are considered vital records and the rights of the individuals listed in them are protected. Individuals able to request marriage certificate copies include:
- The individuals who were married
- Family or legal representatives
- Individuals or companies with a court order
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Lucas County?
When you apply for a marriage license in Ohio, you'll pay between $36 and $72, depending upon the county you are getting married in. Lucas County charges a fee of $60 for couples to apply for a marriage license. It will cost anywhere from $2 to $5 for each certified copy of the marriage certificate you request. Keep in mind that you may need multiple copies so you should ask for 4 to 6 copies if possible.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Lucas County?
You're no doubt anxious about taking care of things like changing your name with the Social Security Administration, your driver's license, and other important documents. You'll need to wait around 3 weeks for your official certified marriage certificate documents to arrive in the mail. Once they do, you'll be able to take care of all those important tasks.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Lucas County, Ohio?
Unlike some states that consider marriage certificates vital records and therefore private, in Ohio they are public. That means that anyone can order a copy of any marriage certificate, regardless of their relationship with the couple. In fact, you don't need any documentation to access this information. All you need is:
- The names of the individuals
- The date of the wedding
- The location of the wedding
How to Request Marriage Certificate Copies in Lucas County
Need a copy of your own or someone else's marriage certificate? If the wedding occurred in , you can request a Certified Copy of the Marriage Record online, by phone, by mail, or in person.
|Online||Lucas County Probate|
|Phone Number||1 (877) 572-6332|
|Mailing Address||Lucas County Probate Court, 700 Adams Street, Suite 200, Toledo, Ohio 43604|
|In-Person||700 Adams Street, Suite 200, Toledo, Ohio 43604|
Here are the instructions to request Certified Copies of Marriage Certificate:
- Fill out as much information as possible in the required form. The information will help the court staff locate your record.
- Orders for certificates are processed during operating court hours.
- The requested certified copies will be sent by mail to the address you provided in the form. It may take approximately three weeks.
If you are mailing in your order, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and $2 per copy along with your request. Note that cash payments are accepted when you request in person and the certified copy will be issued while you wait.
Next Steps if You Can't Get the Marriage Certificate Yourself
Although the process of requesting a marriage certificate copy in Lucas County Ohio is pretty easy, it's not foolproof. If you're having difficulties locating the marriage certificate or getting a copy, let DoNotPay lend a hand.
If you want to order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Lucas County, just follow these 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate?
Maintaining your personal marriage records is important. You may also wish to have documents that detail your relative's marriages. If you need marriage certificate copies, DoNotPay offers a fast, easy, and successful way to get them.
- Fast— Forget about driving around town and standing in line. With DoNotPay you can request a marriage certificate copy in minutes.
- Easy—There are no complicated forms, processes, or procedures to follow. Just answer a few questions, click and go.
- Successful—You can rest assured your marriage certificate documents will be in your mailbox shortly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
is only one of the many amazing things that DoNotPay can do. In fact, the world's first robot lawyer can manage all sorts of things including:
- Creating a Child Travel Consent Form
- Cancel Services or Subscriptions
- Get Passport Photos Made
- Create Defamation Demand Letters
- Get Compensated by Airlines
- Request Chargebacks and Refunds
- File a Complaint Against a Company
- Get Free Raffle Tickets
- Item Return Requests
Visit DoNotPay today to learn more about how this product can help you and your family every day.