How to Stop Lowell Financial’s Debt Collectors From Harassing You
Are you getting calls from Lowell Financial about a debt? Getting calls from collection agencies about debt can certainly be overwhelming. Whether you believe you owe the debt or not, dealing with a debt collection agency is stressful. Unfortunately, many agencies will harass consumers hoping that they will immediately pay the debt. While you can pay the debt if you believe it's yours, it's also important to verify the debt to ensure that it is associated with you and that there are no added fees.
At DoNotPay, we want to make it easier for you to get the debt help you deserve. If you're constantly receiving calls from Lowell Financial and need help fighting back, read on to learn about Lowell Financial and what steps you can take to get this debt out of collections.
What is Lowell Financial?
Lowell Financial LTD is a debt collection agency company that specializes in collecting payments of debt owed by consumers across Europe. Lowell Financial collects debts on behalf of a variety of companies, including Vanquis Credit Cards, Capital One, O2, Littlewoods, and more.
When contacting consumers, Lowell Financial must follow specific debt collection guidance provided by the Financial Conduct Authority. The FCA debt collection rules and guidance set minimum standards that debt collection agencies must adhere to. For this reason, companies like Lowell Financial are unable to claim unfair or excessive collection charges, they cannot harass you, threaten to seize your property, and more.
If you need to contact Lowell Financial or confirm that the calls you received are real, here are their contact details for your convenience:
|Headquarters Address||Ellington House 9 Savannah Way Valley Park West, Leeds LS10 1AB, United Kingdom|
|Phone Number||0333 556 5552|
|Complaints Form||Scroll to the bottom of this page|
What Happens if I Don't Pay My Debt to Lowell Financial?
If you keep receiving calls from Lowell Financial, you should never ignore them. Even if you strongly believe that you don't owe the debt, ignoring the call without fighting back can lead to further actions being taken against you.
Once you start receiving calls from Lowell Financial, don't hesitate to respond. In fact, the moment you receive a call or any written communication from the debt collection agency, you should provide a response. Here are 3 ways you can respond to Lowell Financial:
- Verification: If you don't believe that the debt is yours, or you believe the debt is yours but want to buy more time, respond with a debt verification letter. With a verification letter, the company will need to respond with proof of debt before taking any further action against you. If the collection agency cannot provide any proof, they will not be in a position to keep requesting payment from you.
- Dispute: If you strongly believe that the debt is not yours, you can respond by disputing the debt. Once you dispute the debt, the debt collection agency cannot call or write you until the debt collector has provided you with a written letter showing proof of the debt.
- Paying: If you strongly believe that the debt is yours, you can also respond by either paying the debt in full or setting up payment arrangements.
What Happens if You Don't Respond?
If you choose not to respond to Lowell Financial, there are a variety of things that can occur:
- Lowell Financial will continue to call you requesting that debt be paid
- Lowell Financial will continue to report the debt to the credit bureau
- You may be taken to court
Has Lowell Financial Violated My Rights?
Are you wondering whether Lowell Financial violated your rights? It's common for debt collection agencies to violate the rights of consumers in order to motivate them to pay the debt. Here are a few ways a debt collection agency can violate the rights of consumers:
- Calling at unreasonable times, including early in the morning or late at night
- Taking payments without your permission
- Pretending to have certain legal power that they don't have
- Discussing debts with a family member or an employer
- Sending letters that looks like court forms
How to Make Payments to Lowell Financial
If you would like to make a payment to Lowell Financial for a debt, you can do so by visiting their website. All you need to do is:
- Visit their website here.
- Go to the navigation bar and select "make a quick payment".
- Provide your Lowell reference number, date of birth, and postcode
- Continue following the prompt to make a payment
Get Debt Help With DoNotPay
Are you overwhelmed by the calls you're receiving from Lowell Financial? Dealing with a collection agency can certainly be overwhelming, but DoNotPay is here to help. DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful when it comes to helping consumers get the debt help they need. In fact, we've helped consumers with a variety of debt need for other companies, including:
If you're ready to get started, all you need to do is:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
Getting started with DoNotPay is easy. Take control of your interactions with debt collectors and sign up for DoNotPay today!