Low-Cost Divorce in Florida—How To Save With DoNotPay
One of the most frightening aspects of filing for divorce is the prospect of the process costing so much that you end up with no assets left to split.
DoNotPay is here to help you find the cheapest routes to divorce—check out our tips for securing your low-cost divorce in Florida!
If either of you has been living in Florida for the last six months, you are eligible to file for divorce.
To file for divorce, one of you must:
You will have to pay the filing fee of around $400 when you lodge the papers.
Once you have filed the papers, you will need to have them delivered to your spouse, who must sign to confirm receipt.
You will need to use a sheriff or professional process server to do this at the cost of around $50.
Once you have filed your divorce papers and served your spouse, your divorce is in motion.
There are several areas where you can reduce your costs in a Florida divorce, as follows:
|File for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage||
A simplified dissolution is a quick, cheap way to get divorced in Florida without more than one court appearance and with no need for lawyers. You can go this route if you have no children and have a settlement agreement in place that does not involve alimony. You will incur no lawyers’ fees, and your divorce can be granted within 30 days of filing
|Sign a waiver of service||
If you and your spouse agree on the necessity for a divorce, your spouse can sign a waiver of service, meaning that you don’t have to pay for servitude
|Apply for a waiver of filing fees||
If you are in financial difficulties, you can apply to have the filing fees waived
All that the judge needs to do in such friendly divorce cases is to check that your paperwork is in order in a short hearing, after which your divorce can be granted with no further hassle.
Your divorce settlement agreement is a legal document that covers:
- Custody of your children, child support payments, and shared parenting plans
- Alimony or spousal support arrangements
- The division of your real estate, assets, and liabilities
An uncontested divorce is the most certain way to ensure a low-cost process. There are ways within the framework of an uncontested divorce to reduce your expenses even further.
Negotiating and drafting your divorce settlement agreement does not need to be expensive—the cost depends on who you use for the task.
Your options are:
- Lawyers—This is the traditional route, but also the most expensive, with attorneys charging up to $5,000 per spouse to negotiate and write your agreement
- Mediation service—A mediator can help you and your spouse negotiate a settlement at a significantly lower cost than a lawyer
- Online divorce service—Various online providers offer DIY settlement agreement templates that should be used with caution as many of them are too generic to cover your needs
DoNotPay has the solution to keeping your costs low while getting your settlement agreement locked and loaded—we can generate an agreement for you that covers all the bases with no lawyers’ fees to pay!
DoNotPay believes your Florida divorce should be affordable!
Our Divorce Settlement Agreement feature is designed to give you a watertight and comprehensive legal document that ticks all your boxes without you having to pay for expensive attorneys.
Here’s how to set your agreement up:
- Go to your web browser and sign up with DoNotPay
- Click on our Divorce Settlement Agreement product
- Follow the prompts and give us the terms you have agreed on with your spouse
Once you are done, we will handle the rest—your agreement will be generated in an instant.
If you need specific info about your Florida county or getting a divorce as a member of the military, look no further than DoNotPay!
Here are some guides you may find useful:
- Seminole County
- Palm Beach County
- Volusia County
- Lee County
- Osceola County
- Military divorce in Florida
Do you need to draft a legal document? Spending hundreds of dollars on lawyers is not the answer. We came up with a faster and more affordable solution. Not only can our app draft child consent forms, divorce settlement agreements, and powers of attorney for you, it can also provide legal assistance by helping you take anyone to small claims court!
Drafting numerous documents is not all DoNotPay does for you! Aside from drawing up contracts and agreements, we can also assist you in getting them notarized online from the comfort of your home or office!
There is more assistance on the way! You can use DoNotPay’s features to handle various tasks with ease, including:
- Getting a virtual credit card
- Obtaining burner phone numbers
- Appealing your parking tickets
- Requesting refunds from different companies
- Getting free trials with no hidden charges
- Canceling your memberships or subscriptions
- Putting a stop to email spam
- Getting revenge on bothersome robocalls
We can also help you protect your safety. If you don’t know how to deal with copyright infringement, stalking and harassment, work discrimination, sex offenses, and disputes with annoying neighbors, DoNotPay has got you covered.