Get the Necessary Living Will Forms in PA
While preparing for possible worst-case scenarios isn’t anyone’s favorite pastime, you might need to plan ahead. Why wouldn’t you make decisions about your health care in case you get seriously injured, terminally ill, or incapacitated?
This guide provides data about what to include in living will forms in PA and how to create them easily.
A PA living will form is a legal document that allows you to indicate your preferences for health care that you’d like to get in case you:
- Remain unconscious for a longer period
- Cannot communicate your decisions
- Have a fatal disease
Keep in mind that a living will:
- Goes into effect when your doctor determines the above-listed medical conditions
- Is different from a last will and testament
The following table presents additional forms that are often connected with a living will form in PA:
|Living Will in PA vs. Other Forms||Details|
|Health care proxy||A living will form is often accompanied by a Pennsylvania health care power of attorney that can also go under the following names:
|Advance health care directive||A living will form—together with a medical POA—can be a part of a more comprehensive document that is called a PA advance directive form|
You should create a Pennsylvania living will form to express your health care wishes regarding a possible end-state medical condition.
This document might prevent confusion and arguments among your family members as it provides specific instructions as to:
- What medical treatments you wish and do not wish to get
- Whether you would like your health care provider to use life-sustaining treatment, including:
- Artificial nutrition and hydration
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Mechanical ventilation
- When you would like life-sustaining treatment to be withdrawn—If you’d like to include this aspect, you should ask your physician for a do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order
While you might believe that hiring a lawyer to draw up a Pennsylvania living will might be your only choice, you’re not right. There’s no need for a pricey legal service in this case.
Here are some more affordable options to choose from:
- Look for a PA living will template online—Keep in mind that you will likely need to check all forms carefully and change them considerably since many:
- Are too general
- Will not fulfill your specific needs
- Sign up for DoNotPay—Our AI-powered app can generate an airtight living will, health care power of attorney, and advance directive for you in a matter of minutes!
Our robot lawyer is:
- Familiar with relevant state laws, i.e., your document will meet the necessary legal requirements
- AI-powered, i.e., we can produce a rock-solid living will for you in a flash
Subscribe to DoNotPay and take these steps:
- Open our Advance Health Care Directive product
- Provide the name of your health care agent and list your wishes regarding medical treatment
- Indicate what powers you’re delegating to your agent
- Select to have the form notarized or type in the names of your witnesses
DoNotPay boasts an enviable collection of various tools that help you cope with administrative matters more efficiently. Here is a small portion of the services we generously offer:
Keeping your details confident when using the internet is simpler with DoNotPay! Check out virtual credit cards our app can generate for you, and have fun with the free trials no one can charge you for! If you need a quick solution for phone authorization but don’t want to use your actual phone number, we can create burner ones and keep your info private.