All the Info You Need About a Living Will in Arizona
Unlike a regular will, which deals with your estate and finances, a living will allows you to plan your health care routine in advance. If you are interested in learning more about a living will in Arizona and getting useful tips for creating one, our article is all you need! Sign up for DoNotPay and find out how to get the document you need in no time.
As per Arizona law, a living will is a legally binding document that provides health care instructions to your family and physician if you are in:
- Irreversible coma
- Persistent vegetative state
- Terminal phase of an incurable illness
Since you can’t speak for yourself in such situations, your living will can do it for you. This document lists all your medical-care-associated decisions and preferences related to:
- Comfort care
- Resuscitation, such as CPR
- Life support, including artificial nutrition and mechanical respiration
- Wanted or unwanted medication and treatments—including:
- Blood transfusion
- End-of-life care and funeral organization
- Organ donation
In this state, you can sign a living will as a separate document or as a part of a health care power of attorney (also called a medical proxy, medical power of attorney, or health care proxy in some states).
A health care power of attorney allows you to name a health care agent who will decide about your end-of-life care if you become too ill or permanently unconscious. This person can also make choices regarding any other aspects of your medical care.
A proper living will in Arizona must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be in written form
- Show your intent clearly
- State the exact date the document becomes effective
- Be signed in front of a notary public or one witness
Here’s a recommended structure of a proper living will in Arizona:
|Decisions about end-of-life care||
|Other personal wishes||
Regardless of whether you need a health directive or a medical proxy in Arizona or any other U.S. state, DoNotPay solves the matter swiftly and easily! We offer you a quick and affordable way to get the desired documents. There’s no need to pay an arm and a leg for attorneys or take risks with ready-made living will templates—we will do all the grunt work in your stead!
Here’s what you should do:
- Visit DoNotPay and search for the Advance Health Care Directive
- Appoint your primary health care agent
- Disclose more details about your medical care preferences
- Enter the names of your witness(es)
As soon as we get the necessary info, we will generate a customized document and help you have it notarized. We will connect you to an online notary so you can schedule an appointment at a convenient time.
In our knowledge base, you can also find other useful info about:
- Arizona durable mental health power of attorney
- General living will costs in the U.S.
- Difference between a health care proxy and a standard power of attorney
- Jehovah’s Witnesses’ advance directive forms
- Ways to create a living will without a lawyer
Are you tired of returning items, canceling subscriptions, fighting parking tickets, and mailing letters? We can help you fast-track all these tasks and more! Do you need help reaching customer service, fighting workplace discrimination, submitting defamation demand letters, or filing HR complaints? Use DoNotPay and solve any issue without a hitch.
With us, you’ll be able to both earn and save money!
Thanks to our Burner Phone product, you’ll get a temporary phone number that you can submit when registering on different platforms and protect your privacy.
Another way to keep your privacy intact is using DoNotPay’s virtual credit card. Signing up for free trials without hidden charges and revealing your contact details has never been easier!