How to Block Your Photos from Image Search Engines and Sites
Image searching is a cool feature from search engines. It allows you to search an image and find its origin - or more images like it. You might discover an artist by searching for art that you like. Or you might discover a book by searching what turns out to be its cover art. You might find an organization by searching its seal, or a school by searching its mascot.
But your identity can also be found if your photos are ever reverse-searched in this way. Google can find your Facebook page as easily as it can find the DeviantArt account of your new favorite artist.
One thing that many people wonder is whether you can create a list to block sites from image-searching your photos. Can you just stop a few sites from being findable or searchable with your images? DoNotPay is here with the answers.
What Is a Reverse Image Search and Why Protect Yourself?
Reverse image searching is when you search for an image and find where it comes from. The reverse search is because you're looking backward from a search result to find its source.
The problem is that your photos can be reverse searched. If you ever post a photo of yourself in a semi-anonymous forum (like Tinder or Instagram) then Google and other search engines can connect those photos with other photos of you - and your personal accounts.
This means every photo is a data trail back to your real identity, making it impossible to stay anonymous while using your own pictures. Anyone who wants to find your full name, your high school friends, and even your family and hometown can do so with a quick reverse image search.
Can You Make a List of Blocked Sites for Image Search?
Is it possible to block your images from being searched for specific websites? Can you list block sites for an image search? It depends on what you mean by that.
|Stop Search Engines From Finding You||Can you stop specific search engines or websites from finding your photos? No, but you can stop all search engines from finding your photos using certain alteration methods. Often, these methods deform the photos, like stickers or weird Instagram filters, but they don't have to. In this way, you can block all image searches from finding specific altered images.|
|Protect a List of Websites From Image Searches||Can you make sure that a list of specific websites has unsearchable photos? Yes, by altering every photo you post. For example, if you alter all the photos posted to your personal Facebook profile, none of these photos will be searchable and you can keep that account safe from reverse image searching.|
How to Protect Your Images From Searches on Your Own
- Resize the image or change the resolution
- Reverse the image, or reverse image elements
- Change the image file type
- Screenshot and re-save the image
- Alter or remove the background
- Change the colors
- Distort the image
- Cover the image in stickers
In order to protect your images from reverse image searching, you need to alter them from originals and change a few essential elements. This is especially true if you are using copies of the same image over several locations on the internet. Remember, altered photos can lead back to copies of the altered image.
To protect your photos, distort them in some way so they are different or distinct from your other images or the original photo. Change the background. Use photo editors or Instagram filters to alter the appearance. Change the essential data as well, like the file type, image size, and image resolution. This will decrease the chance that search engines will find any connection.
How to Stay Safe From Reverse Image Search if Photo Editing Doesn’t Work
If you're not a photo editing whiz or you don't want to go to the trouble, there are other ways to stay safe.
- Don't post your photo on semi-anonymous sites
- Don't use copies of photos you've used on your private or personal profiles
- Run all your private or all your public photos through a filter to keep them separate
- Use different poses and styles in your images
- Wear masks and face paint to protect your identity
- Cover your images in emoji stickers
How to Protect a List of Sites From Image Search With DoNotPay
How do you list blocked sites for image search? Your best method for protecting a list of sites from being image searched is to alter all the photos you post on those specific sites. Sound tedious? DoNotPay can make it quick and easy - without ruining your photos. Check out the Photo Ninja product from DoNotPay.
The PhotoNinja subtly rearranges the details of an image so that it reads in search engines as a completely different photo - but it still looks the same to you. Using AI-driven algorithmic changes, the photo will be subtly altered without changing the look, effect, or content to the perception of the human eye. Your private sites like Facebook can stay private with genuine photos of yourself with friends and family - and you can safely post photos of yourself on the semi-anonymous internet without worrying about reverse searches leading back to your real identity.
How to Beat Reverse Image Search Using DoNotPay
If you want to protect yourself against reverse image search engines but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 3 easy steps:
- Open Photo Ninja on DoNotPay.
- Upload the photo or image you want to cloak and press submit.
- Our algorithms will automatically insert hidden changes and cloak your image, so it's no longer recognizable by reverse search engines. The newly generated image will be downloadable from your disputes page!
DoNotPay Can Protect Your Images for All Search Engines
- How to Block Google Image Search
- How to Prevent Reverse Image Searches
- How to Use a Transparent Layer to Prevent Google Image Search
- How to Take-Two Screenshots of the Same Image to Prevent Google Reverse Image Search
- How to Stop Pinterest Images In Google Image Search
- How to Stop LinkedIn Photo from Google Search
- How to Prevent Stock Photo Search Engine Index
- How to Prevent Reverse Image Search from Facebook
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do more than alter your photos. Here are a few more helpful links from our dozens of online tools and services to choose from.
- Remove Background Image
- Recover Account Passwords
- Recover Hacked Accounts
- Appeal Banned Account
- Late Delivery Refunds
- Gift Card Cash Back
- Fight and Waive Fees